Inquest opens into death of man hit by a tram
An inquest has opened into the death of a man who was hit by a tram.
Peter Anthony Rothwell, of Bestwood Park, died on August 15 near the David Lane tram stop.
The 51-year-old was identified by his mother, Susan Seville, said Nottingham coroner Mairin Casey as she opened the inquest at Nottingham Coroner's Court on Monday.
Describing the circumstances of Mr Rothwell's death, Ms Casey said: "Mr Rotherwell was found on the tram lines between the city centre and Hucknall.
"The reasons for him being laid in a position between the tram lines on the westbound line between Old Basford... read more
- 14:07 New roles for Dowson and Dickens as Saints confirm coaching structure
- 14:07 Detectives still working to establish motive for murder of teenager...
- 14:05 Burnley and Pendle estate agents granted council accreditation
- 14:05 Emilia Clarke's bizarre impact on baby names
- 14:04 Missing Workington man has been found
- 14:04 Met Office forecast Lincolnshire to be hotter and sunnier than...
- 14:03 BMW cars found to contain more than a dozen flaws
- 14:03 Terror suspect encouraged lone wolf attackers to 'target Prince...
- 14:02 Lions, tigers and bears: 11 of the best wildlife experiences in...
- 14:02 Prime Minister's Questions: The key bits and the verdict
- 14:02 College announces its new principal
- 14:01 Pontefract and Castleford junior football supplement out this week
- 13:59 Lions, tigers and bears: 11 of the best wildlife experiences in...
- 13:58 Lions, tigers and bears: 11 of the best wildlife experiences in...
- 13:58 R Kelly responds to #MuteRKelly campaign: 'It's too late'
- 13:58 Send us your questions for Arundhati Roy…
- 13:57 US employee suffers brain injury in China after 'abnormal sounds'
- 13:57 Dom Bess handed England debut for first Pakistan Test at Lord’s
- 13:57 Ian Wright has already changed his mind over new Arsenal manager...
- 13:57 Works to improve access and facilities
- 13:56 Met Office forecast Lincolnshire to be hotter and sunnier than...
- 13:56 Paraguay tribe joins search for missing Austrian tourist
- 13:54 Can I keep a dog in a flat?
- 13:51 Sunshine on Leith to be released on limited edition green vinyl
- 13:50 West Ham news: Club bigwigs should have snapped up an English boss...
- 13:50 Motionhouse dance company is now rehearsing at Vitsoe’s new...
- 13:49 Dementia-friendly pub The Tap Room opens doors at Worksop care home
- 13:49 Will Meghan Markle be queen... or US president?
- 13:49 Meghan Markle’s first public appearance as the Duchess of Sussex -...
- 13:49 Royal wedding gift bag sells on eBay for staggering £21,000