Inquest into death of former Australia batsman Phillip Hughes ends with coroner to release findings next month
A coroner who conducted a five-day inquest on Australian cricketer Phillip Hughes, who was fatally struck by a ball during a domestic match in Sydney in 2014, is expected to release his findings on November 4.
New South Wales state coroner Michael Barnes is investigating whether the nature of play contributed to the risk for the former Australia test batsman, the response by stadium and cricket officials and the ambulance service, and whether new guidelines on safety equipment need to be introduced to the sport.
Lawyers for the Hughes family, the state coroner, and Cricket Australia made... read more
- 14:48 TV and film stuntman breaks world record
- 14:48 A day for democracy
- 14:48 Artist’s work helps Lancashire hospice
- 14:47 CCTV catches thieves taking beer from garage
- 14:47 Handbag snatched from car as woman waited at traffic lights
- 14:47 More love than hate? Marmite sales rocket after ‘Brexit’ row
- 14:46 Drunk brandished knife after row in pub
- 14:46 Nissan-Renault says open to partnerships to develop new car...
- 14:46 TV and film stuntman breaks world record
- 14:46 BlackBerry launches its third Android-based phone
- 14:46 Appeal for information on two asbestos fly tips
- 14:46 Watch as ceilidh cops jig in the street with Stornoway Mod revellers
- 14:46 Block paving set to go in Town centre!
- 14:46 New Northern Rail trains: This is what Teesside's trains could look...
- 14:46 This woman has spent over £20,000 to look like Barbie
- 14:45 Hull City club secretary Matt Wild resigns - and will join...
- 14:45 Man Booker 2016 winner to be announced
- 14:45 Chelsea star Pedro reveals Barcelona talks and why summer move...
- 14:45 Pep Guardiola expecting Man United backlash: This is why Jose...
- 14:43 Biker seriously hurt in crash
- 14:43 Return of the burial mound: Neolithic stone tombs could be used in...
- 14:43 Five things we learned from The Walking Dead season seven premiere
- 14:41 Phantom smells are a very bad sign - and this is why
- 14:41 Scared of the dentist? Then blame the genes inherited from your...
- 14:41 When do the clocks go back?
- 14:40 Sergio Ramos 'feeling better every day' as Real Madrid star shares...
- 14:40 Paul Pogba leaves Manchester United hotel in personalised pair of...
- 14:40 Pep Guardiola expects Manchester United to recover from their...
- 14:40 Arts festival was hailed a ‘great success’
- 14:40 When do the clocks go back?