Inquest into death of baby boy at Freckleton vicarage to begin today
The death of a baby boy at a vicarage will be probed today at the child’s inquest at a coroner’s court.
The Rev Jim Percival, 66, the vicar of Holy Trinity CE Church in Freckleton, and his daughter, Ruth, 29, were questioned on suspicion of murder and child neglect over the death of the child, named as Jonathan Percival, who was born in the early hours of November 25 2014, but pronounced dead a short time later.
Police had been called to the vicarage following a report that a woman had given birth to a stillborn baby.
Police said at the time that following “numerous inquiries” the death of... read more
- 20:38 Shoreham air crash pilot to be charged with manslaughter
- 20:38 Council declares war on sugar and junk food
- 20:38 Busy Sheffield road gets multi-million revamp
- 20:33 Photographer's dilemma after spotting something incredible as bride...
- 20:32 Impressive Victoria Azarenka sets up Madison Keys clash as Katie...
- 20:31 These are the best Premier Fantasy League team names
- 20:31 Manchester United 'plot ambitious £50m summer move' as Jose...
- 20:24 Morning mail: Labor and Coalition under privacy pressure
- 20:24 Peru president Pedro Pablo Kuczynski resigns amid corruption scandal
- 20:22 Mark Zuckerberg admits ‘mistakes’ over protecting Facebook users
- 20:16 Boris Johnson compares Russia's World Cup to Nazi Olympics amid...
- 20:13 Mark Zuckerberg admits Facebook made mistakes after data...
- 20:13 Manchester United prepare £40m bid for Raphael Varane to solve...
- 20:10 How do companies use my loyalty card data?
- 20:10 Liverpool star Emre Can explains Bayern Munich transfer decision...
- 20:10 Shoreham air crash: Pilot Andy Hill to be charged over deaths
- 20:09 Burton man in a critical condition after A38 crash near Fradley
- 20:05 Prepare for more extreme weather: Storms like the 'Beast from the...
- 20:05 Thought deleting your Facebook was enough? Firm and its advertisers...
- 20:02 Bargain Booze owner Conviviality must raise £125m to halt bankruptcy
- 19:58 Council gets tough on Priory Square
- 19:55 Liverpool legend Phil Thompson makes ‘pushover’ claim about Mohamed...
- 19:54 Memorial to victims of London terror attacks on anniversary
- 19:54 May told to fix fishing plans or rebels will sink Brexit deal
- 19:53 Son of former Coventry City star opens up about his grief following...
- 19:53 'Dead certs' - Experts covering Coventry City's promotion rivals...
- 19:52 Genetic profiling could breed cattle resistant to tuberculosis
- 19:51 Boris likens Russia World Cup to Hitler's Berlin Olympics
- 19:49 Long haul operator to land at Doncaster Sheffield Airport
- 19:48 'We made mistakes' - Facebook's Zuckerberg