Inquest into death of baby boy at Freckleton vicarage to begin today
The death of a baby boy at a vicarage will be probed today at the child’s inquest at a coroner’s court.
The Rev Jim Percival, 66, the vicar of Holy Trinity CE Church in Freckleton, and his daughter, Ruth, 29, were questioned on suspicion of murder and child neglect over the death of the child, named as Jonathan Percival, who was born in the early hours of November 25 2014, but pronounced dead a short time later.
Police had been called to the vicarage following a report that a woman had given birth to a stillborn baby.
Police said at the time that following “numerous inquiries” the death of... read more
- 18:20 Coroner appeal after man with Newcastle links found dead on Teesside
- 18:20 Bradley Lowery 'so happy' after classmates record charity tribute
- 18:19 Grenfell Tower fire: Simon Cowell charity single knocks Justin...
- 18:19 Tim Sherwood takes aim at Aston Villa's infamous transfer committee
- 18:19 Former Birmingham City captain returns to Blues in coaching role
- 18:19 Josh Harrop reveals why he left Manchester United
- 18:17 Dunstable punter's £1m Ascot bet falls on final furlong
- 18:17 Police find gun after scrambler yobs shoot at home
- 18:16 Teenage girl in critical condition after being hit by car in Leeds...
- 18:16 VIDEO: Everything you need to know about Snapchat's new location...
- 18:16 Sheffield robbery victim, 80, suffers suspected broken leg and wrist
- 18:16 Nine nostalgic images of Chester's former hospitals
- 18:15 Wall St Week Ahead-Oil's drop could leave a stain on earnings
- 18:14 Woman treated for minor injuries after collision with car
- 18:14 Mohamed Salah: Liverpool signing is nothing like what he was at...
- 18:13 Sheffield robbery victim, 80, suffers suspected broken leg and wrist
- 18:13 Pointless host Alexander Armstrong left flustered as contestant...
- 18:13 Leicester-inspired cocktail menu - including Frog Island Iced Tea -...
- 18:11 Lizzie tumbles her way to gold in Birmingham
- 18:11 We’re not a chick collection agency
- 18:11 Conservatives are challenged to invest in county fire service
- 18:11 Killer Doncaster driver ran over woman, 91, weeks after medics told...
- 18:10 Birmingham International Marathon: 16 week training plan for beginners
- 18:10 Birmingham International Marathon: 16 week training plan for improvers
- 18:10 Solihull tennis ace Dan Evans admits to taking cocaine
- 18:10 Now owner for Lancaster student blocks
- 18:10 Poignant book is a tribute to ‘sweet Caroline’
- 18:08 PHOTO GALLERY Kineton Music Festival hits high notes!
- 18:07 Strictly Come Dancing: Ex-pro Natalie Lowe reveals she had DOUBTS...
- 18:07 Former Geordie Shore star punched a woman in row over ex-boyfriend,...