Inquest into death of baby at vicarage halted as coroner refers case to DPP
An inquest into the death of a baby boy at a vicarage has been halted by a coroner, who referred the case to the director of public prosecutions.
HM coroner for Blackpool and Fylde, Alan Wilson, made the intervention - which he described as a "rare occurrence" - following evidence given by a medic.
He was told that Jonathan Percival was born with the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck, but would have survived if resuscitation had been provided.
Jonathan's mother, Ruth Percival, 30, gave birth in a downstairs bathroom of the vicarage in Freckleton, Lancashire, while on the... read more
- 00:00 Why variety and integration are the spice of Glasgow life
- 00:00 On Lenin’s side of the barricades
- 00:00 Cycling boss claims bullying has been ‘sensationalised’
- 00:00 Arsenal left feeling Blue after FA Cup defeat
- 00:00 Formula One: Hamilton relishes battle with Vettel
- 00:00 Fair hiring matters: Fighting back against black unemployment in...
- 00:00 Len McCluskey is the real deal
- 00:00 A chance to celebrate the uprising of the Welsh
- 00:00 Take heart from the Durham TAs
- 00:00 Bulgaria: Socialists prepared to lead with turn to left
- 00:00 Iran imposes tit-for-tat sanctions on 15 US firms
- 00:00 Iraq: US admits to deadly civilian air strike
- 00:00 Left must set the agenda on EU talks
- 00:01 Chelsea striker Diego Costa suffers injury scare during Spain...
- 00:00 Delegates delighted by Made in Dagenham flash mob
- 00:00 ‘Isis represent trade unions’ oldest enemy – fascists’
- 23:50 Former Olympic champion Katie Taylor calls for equality and...
- 23:45 Indyref2 not on the agenda as Theresa May arrives in Scotland
- 23:42 ‘Penis seat’ reserved for men appears on public transport
- 23:42 The 50 greatest Champions League matches of all time: Sportsmail...
- 23:39 Treehouse could be built in Burton complete with play area as...
- 23:37 Anthony Crolla wants mega money fight with Terry Flanagan - despite...
- 23:37 Chelsea dealt third injury scare after Eden Hazard and Thibaut...
- 23:33 Philippe Coutinho and Roberto Firmino must make 6,000-mile return...
- 23:31 Arsenal star Mesut Ozil on Arsene Wenger: I do not believe this
- 23:30 Eritrean migrants pulled from lorry in Cambridgeshire
- 23:26 UPDATE 1-U.S. equity futures drop 0.5 percent
- 23:22 Chile pensions protest draws tens of thousands
- 23:19 U.S. equity futures drop 0.3 percent
- 23:19 Jermain Defoe dedicates England goal against Lithuania to brave...