Inquest into death of baby at vicarage halted as coroner refers case to DPP
HM coroner for Blackpool and Fylde, Alan Wilson, made the intervention - which he described as a "rare occurrence" - following evidence given by a medic.
He was told that Jonathan Percival was born with the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck, but would have survived if resuscitation had been provided.
Jonathan's mother, Ruth Percival, 30, gave birth in a downstairs bathroom of the vicarage in Freckleton, Lancashire, while on the toilet, and her father, James, 66, the then vicar of Holy Trinity CE Church, came in to help.
The Rev Percival went on to tell the police the child... read more
- 11:21 Footballer's wife Nicola Glennon offers taste of what it's like to...
- 11:21 Asfordby Captain’s Close School takes part in bake-off challenge
- 11:21 Tesco accused of ripping off customers after toilet rolls appear to...
- 11:20 Six Nations: England's James Haskell doubtful for opener against...
- 11:20 Swansea City u21s: 'Coventry City match is the biggest of our careers'
- 11:20 Sky Sports man singles out the key player for an Arsenal title charge
- 11:20 Liverpool need this player... he will give them a big lift - pundit
- 11:19 WEATHER WARNING: Met Office issues latest update for the region
- 11:19 A beady-eyed 'magical' crab is named in honour of Harry Potter and...
- 11:19 Man who buys Windows 98-era laptop for $5 finds a Star Trek...
- 11:18 More passengers dissatisfied with railway service
- 11:18 Pigeon Man vows to continue feeding birds despite threat of jail
- 11:17 Tesco accused of ripping off customers after toilet rolls appear to...
- 11:16 Men win the battle of the taxes, says HMRC
- 11:16 Government loses Brexit Supreme Court battle over power to trigger...
- 11:16 Funding for housing
- 11:16 Public invited to Lincs East CCG Meeting in Woodhall Spa this Thursday
- 11:16 Myton School receive top award for their library
- 11:16 Kenilworth pair cook for world’s best chefs in France
- 11:16 Robert Fuller: Bounty for birds from wildlife friendly farming
- 11:16 Speeding fines are set to ROCKET to a week's wages
- 11:16 Social media users help capture fox injured by illegal trap in York
- 11:16 Irish town plagued with phone calls to Babestation chatline
- 11:16 Handsworth bus murder: Police release description of knife killer
- 11:16 10 wedding trends that will be everywhere in 2017
- 11:16 It doesn’t look likely that McDonald’s will bring all-day breakfast...
- 11:15 Simply the best: The top 30 players in the Premier League confirmed...
- 11:14 Joel Matip update: Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp finally ready to...
- 11:14 YouTuber becomes internet sensation as she promises sex show if she...
- 11:13 How did the filming of a music video end in tragedy?