Indonesia evacuates tourists after volcano eruption
Indonesian authorities have evacuated some 1,100 tourists after a volcano erupted at one of the country's most popular hiking destinations.
Mount Barujari on Lombok island erupted on Tuesday, shooting ash 2,000 metres (6,560 ft) into the air.
Officials are still searching for several hundred tourists that remain missing, according to the country's disaster agency.
There have been no reports of injuries caused by the eruption.
Nearly 400 foreign and local tourists have been registered since Sunday to climb the mountain, according to the Disaster Mitigation Agency's spokesman Sutopo Purwo... read more
- 08:40 Woman arrested after 21-hour siege which saw armed police deployed
- 08:38 Shocked residents claim man was stabbed to death on Sheffield estate
- 08:38 United Nations to ask young people for their views
- 08:38 New whisky distillery in Moray 'like nothing else'
- 08:36 Maryport man rubs shoulders with newly-weds Harry and Meghan
- 08:35 University of Central Lancashire helps put focus on green firm
- 08:34 24-hour walk bid to aid Blind Veterans charity
- 08:33 A590 blocked in both directions following collision at Newlands
- 08:33 Boris Johnson says he 'probably needs' a private plane
- 08:31 Fines handed to motorists outside school after Doncaster crackdown...
- 08:30 Strike action begins at Wigan hospital sites
- 08:30 What Arsenal can expect from their new manager Unai Emery
- 08:29 Council’s budget has been cut by £13m in five years
- 08:28 Farm helps to combat loneliness
- 08:28 Antiques experts visit centre
- 08:28 Brian is added to Walk of Fame for his charity efforts
- 08:28 Home sweet home for brewing firm
- 08:27 Arsenal transfer news: will Mesut Ozil fit into Unai Emery’s master...
- 08:26 24-hour walk bid to aid Blind Veterans charity
- 08:26 Fears 14-year-olds could be targeted in Victoria's...
- 08:26 Trump set to head to Scotland for golf during state visit
- 08:25 Action over concerns about warm weather bringing in more town...
- 08:24 Harden's 30 help Rockets even series with Warriors at two games apiece
- 08:24 Australian gymnasts and staff to be trained to identify child abuse
- 08:24 Stolen car being hunted by Cumbria Police
- 08:23 Liverpool star should be LEFT OUT of Champions League final even if...
- 08:23 Action over concerns about warm weather bringing in more town...
- 08:23 World Cup 2018: England squad snapped training for first time with...
- 08:20 Nearly twice as many over-65s in employment than a decade ago,...
- 08:20 Board members at NHS Tayside to be tested for skills and experience...