Indian summer on its way as high temperatures continue
0 Have your say An Indian summer is on its way with an unusually hot start to October forecast on the back of one of the warmest Septembers in recent years.
The Met Office said people across most of England can expect to enjoy the first week of the month without a coat as temperatures are likely to climb above 20 degrees Celsius (68F).
Tuesday September 13 was the hottest September day in Britain for more than a century when the mercury soared to a blistering 34.4C (93.9F) further south.
The average UK temperature for September over the last 30 years is 16.5C (61.7F), which September this... read more
- 14:15 Mosquito army released in Zika fight in Brazil & Colombia
- 14:15 Jose Mourinho writes heartfelt letter to widow of Manchester United...
- 14:14 Can we please talk about jeans that turn our hands blue?
- 14:15 Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane says Celtic's Moussa Dembele shows...
- 14:15 Record low interest rates help fuel demand for personal loans and...
- 14:14 Good Times: Lightcliffe Golf Club’s Presentation Evening
- 14:14 Stuart Beavon back in the frame as Burton Albion take fully-fit...
- 14:13 Firefighters reveal cause of boat fire at Barton Marina
- 14:13 Exclusive - Russia's Mechel to complete debt restructuring by early...
- 14:13 British packaging group RPC prepares bid for French peer Albea -...
- 14:13 Swiss cabinet seeks compromise approach to EU immigration curbs
- 14:12 Police investigating after Justin Bieber's Range Rover convoy 'put...
- 14:12 Do you recognise this man wanted in connection with a Corby assault?
- 14:11 Swadlincote's Curly Magpie to hold vintage fair at Calke Abbey
- 14:11 Clouds gather in rooftop solar's biggest U.S. market
- 14:11 Parents allow kids to spend over 20 hours at computer over half term
- 14:11 Heathrow third runway: Theresa May's Maidenhead constituents react
- 14:10 Abba to reunite for 'digital experience'
- 14:10 BREAKING: Preston nightclub to shut down
- 14:10 Proxima b COULD be habitable, researchers say: Planet could harbor...
- 14:10 Can women read sexual cues better than men? Males tend to focus on...
- 14:09 Russia ships 'will not refuel in Spain'
- 14:08 'No risk assessment' for pregnant women facing 40-mile journey
- 14:08 Trial set for man accused of abducting partner
- 14:07 Lib-Dem chief condemns 'headline-grabbing' antics
- 14:07 Councillors protest as Buckley stays defiant
- 14:07 Claire to represent the city
- 14:07 Head scarf hands-free mobile madness!
- 14:07 Jonny Bairstow targets more runs after breaking 16-year-old Test...
- 14:07 Ex-rugby player 'beaten by police'