Indian summer on its way as high temperatures continue
0 Have your say An Indian summer is on its way with an unusually hot start to October forecast on the back of one of the warmest Septembers in recent years.
The Met Office said people across most of England can expect to enjoy the first week of the month without a coat as temperatures are likely to climb above 20 degrees Celsius (68F).
Tuesday September 13 was the hottest September day in Britain for more than a century when the mercury soared to a blistering 34.4C (93.9F) further south.
The average UK temperature for September over the last 30 years is 16.5C (61.7F), which September this... read more
- 13:18 Avengers Infinity War: THIS villain's return ruled out as actor...
- 13:18 Staff on Virgin's West Coast line vote to strike in pay dispute
- 13:17 Lancashire recommends... interesting buildings
- 13:15 Keep close tabs on pensions trails or risk losing benefits
- 13:18 Italian FA chief Carlo Tavecchio resigns a week after Italy's...
- 13:18 Behind the scenes at Audi's new design centre
- 13:17 Hospitals face predicted worst-ever A&E waiting times this winter
- 13:18 Jana Novotna will be remembered for iconic picture with Duchess of...
- 13:16 Tributes to respected wife of former MP
- 13:17 Calls for Chorley Council to reinstate town’s Flat Iron car park
- 13:16 Opinion split over new ambulance station location
- 13:18 Services and jobs to go as Town Hall wields the axe to save £1.2m
- 13:17 What is ASMR and why is everyone obsessed with it?
- 13:16 Hospitals face predicted worst-ever A&E waiting times this winter
- 13:17 CCTV APPEAL: Knifepoint robbery at shop
- 13:15 POUND LIVE: German crisis hits euro and US holiday slows down dollar
- 13:17 What next for Chorley's Market Walk retail scheme?
- 13:17 Lidl to take part in Black Friday for the first time
- 13:17 Wintry weather expected to return to Huddersfield after mild Autumn...
- 13:15 Pound V euro: GBP climbs against EUR as German coalition talks...
- 13:16 What is ASMR and why is everyone obsessed with it?
- 13:17 Your photos from Children in Need
- 13:15 Shops braced for slump in Christmas spending for the first time...
- 13:16 East Lancashire's most wanted
- 13:17 Christmas fair at Rainbow House in Mawdesley
- 13:15 Pound v US dollar: GBP advances against USD as key UK budget looms
- 13:17 Banned driver who stole mum's car and ploughed into residents' cars...
- 13:16 Toddlers' poppy tribute
- 13:16 New vital life-saving equipment for town
- 13:17 New image in hunt for alleged attackers