Indian summer on its way as high temperatures continue
0 Have your say An Indian summer is on its way with an unusually hot start to October forecast on the back of one of the warmest Septembers in recent years.
The Met Office said people across most of England can expect to enjoy the first week of the month without a coat as temperatures are likely to climb above 20 degrees Celsius (68F).
Tuesday September 13 was the hottest September day in Britain for more than a century when the mercury soared to a blistering 34.4C (93.9F) in Gravesend, Kent.
The average UK temperature for September over the last 30 years is 16.5C (61.7F), which September... read more
- 17:51 FTSE ends little changed, support from mining stocks
- 17:51 Slovak parliament paves way to probe 1995 kidnapping of president's...
- 17:50 ‘Truly woeful’: SNP fails to pass legislation for A YEAR amid...
- 17:50 BREAKING: Three suffer knife wounds in violent clashes at Turkish...
- 17:50 Tributes to Nottingham Forest steward who was a 'fixture at the club'
- 17:50 ISA 2017: Can I move my ISA money into a different ISA account?
- 17:50 Pound V euro: GBP/EUR bounces higher on German inflation slump
- 17:49 David Tennant to sue over News of the World phone-hacking
- 17:49 Aidan McAteer arrested over Violet Youens death
- 17:49 HSBC extends transgender titles including M and Misc
- 17:49 ‘Majestic pull’ of Edinburgh is attracting tech start-ups
- 17:48 Police called after 'woman jumps from upstairs window' on...
- 17:48 We won’t give in to terrorism
- 17:48 Liverpool hold advantage over Arsenal and Manchester United in top...
- 17:46 Southampton manager Claude Puel hits out at Dusan Tadic and accuses...
- 17:46 Four more Russian athletes found guilty of doping at the London...
- 17:46 Burglars ransack Leeds singer’s home while she’s on night out
- 17:46 Nine-year-old girl 'grabbed by man' near Leeds primary school
- 17:45 U.N. Security Council agrees lower troop cap for Congo mission
- 17:45 Liverpool star: This gives us an advantage over Romelu Lukaku and...
- 17:43 Resurfacing works planned for Coningsby roads
- 17:43 Terrorism only strengthens our democracy
- 17:43 Is THIS the most useless passport in the world?
- 17:42 Dear Reader: Big problem of potholes + beating Gino at bar football!
- 17:42 Camper van hire business behind Crowland home gets consent
- 17:42 Here's why a walk around Swinsty and Fewston reservoirs isn't just...
- 17:41 Favourite Morando ruled out of Betway Lincoln Handicap at Doncaster...
- 17:40 Man slashed across face in daylight attack in Nuneaton
- 17:40 North East property prices still static
- 17:40 ‘This is the superhero you took from us’: Violet-Grace’s family...