Indian pupils invent their own lessons
Something is happening in Bhaumau - a rural village in India's populous state of Uttar Pradesh where parents spend most of their time working in agriculture and as day labourers.
Children, with no guidance from adults, are forming learning groups and with nothing more than a tablet computer preloaded with educational videos, stories and games, they are learning English and conducting science experiments.
In the first three months of playing with the tablets there has been, according to the project's monitoring data, an 11% increase in pupils' core academic skills such as reading in... read more
- 00:06 Gatwick Airport: Travel advice as trains from London disrupted...
- 00:06 Meghan Markle reveals the secret travel item she ALWAYS packs in...
- 00:04 BBC’s unlikely worldwide hit: Father Brown
- 00:03 Mansfield teen’s car vandalism spree
- 00:02 Leonard faces soft-Brexit revolt as Corbyn rethinks
- 00:02 Sturgeon blamed as unfilled nursing jobs break records
- 00:01 Love Island’s Muggy Mike opens a kebab shop – after Jess and Dom...
- 23:56 Honda Classic: Tiger Woods sends defiant message to rivals heading...
- 23:55 Charity chief ‘tried to have TV report watered down’
- 23:54 Review: Honda Jazz 1.5 and Civic diesel
- 23:52 Crime-thriller for children puts boot into bigotry
- 23:52 Antonio Conte says he was told to pump up the touchline volume by...
- 23:47 Mardi Gras marchers from 1978 reflect on decades of protest and...
- 23:46 Euan McColm: Brexit letter fritters away Davidson’s capital
- 23:42 Song to remember lost fishermen races up charts
- 23:39 Call of Duty Black Ops 4 AND MW2 Remastered replacing COD WW2 in 2018?
- 23:39 Justin Welby warns of divisive Brexit and crushing austerity
- 23:38 Callum Smith books World Super Series showdown with George Groves
- 23:37 Why David De Gea is the perfect player for Jose's Mourinho style -...
- 23:36 The Big Interview: Angela Scott, co-founder of biotech firm TC...
- 23:34 The Voice UK 2018: Viewers RAGING after ‘best singer’ booted from show
- 23:31 New helpline for soldiers with mental health problems launched
- 23:31 Cadbury chocolate bars banned from NHS buildings after row over price
- 23:29 MSPs appeal for UK help to save at-risk BiFab jobs
- 23:29 Nicola Sturgeon sups from Calcutta Cup in Scots celebrations
- 23:28 Thirsty goalkeeper caught off guard in Bundesliga 2 clash as he...
- 23:28 Cue Card will not go in the Gold Cup as trainer Colin Tizzard lines...
- 23:27 New mother says she 'found bandages in my body'
- 23:25 Ross King: From Knightswood to Hollywood.. you couldn't make my...
- 23:24 Rangers 2-0 Hearts: Jamie Murphy and Russell Martin help Graeme...