India's Modi scraps planned visit to Pakistan for regional summit
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi will not attend a regional summit of South Asian leaders in Pakistan in November because of increasing cross-border attacks in the region, the foreign ministry said on Tuesday.
India blames Pakistan for a deadly assault on an army base in the disputed Himalayan region of Kashmir this month that has escalated tensions between the rivals.
India says a group of militants sneaked across the de facto border that separates the countries and killed 18 soldiers on Sept. 18, the biggest loss of life for Indian security forces in the region for 14 years.
Pakistan... read more
- 13:40 Film review: Ghost in the Shell
- 13:39 ‘Railway history’ to be made as station reopens after 50 years
- 13:39 Army reservist qualifies as elite fitness instructor
- 13:39 CCTV APPEAL: Assault at McDonalds in Blackpool
- 13:39 India privately took Amazon to task over insulting flag doormat
- 13:38 GLOBAL MARKETS-Euro dips as price data further dampens ECB hike bets
- 13:38 American Airlines passenger jet pilot dies on final approach
- 13:36 'It was love at first sight'
- 13:36 Royal Bank of Scotland names Helen Cook as HR chief
- 13:36 Canal trust looking for new volunteers
- 13:35 LSE launches 200 million pound share buyback
- 13:35 Transfer News: Man United back after Bale, Chelsea agree fee,...
- 13:35 Chelsea to hold summer talks with lethal striker after he sparked...
- 13:35 Expected Liverpool XI: Who makes Klopp’s 4-3-3 for Everton game...
- 13:35 Manchester United offer contract to Napoli forward Dries Mertens
- 13:35 Manchester United target Antoine Griezmann greeted by David de Gea
- 13:35 Gabriel Jesus potential return date as Man City player begins final...
- 13:34 Pregnant Amy Childs passionately defends herself after she’s...
- 13:34 The toddler who has baffled doctors: Two-year-old's 'hot and angry'...
- 13:34 Kim Jong-nam's body to be released to North Korea
- 13:34 Teacher denies PC after docking student mark for using non-gender...
- 13:34 CYCLONE DEBBIE: Deadly BULL SHARK found 12 miles inland in small...
- 13:32 Italian police arrest pro-Islamic State trio over suspected Venice...
- 13:32 Netanyahu set to approve first West Bank settlement for 20 years
- 13:32 Syrian rebels seize swathes of south as Islamic State retreats
- 13:32 ‘Super-fit’ gran develops life-threatening diabetes through love of...
- 13:32 Statins breakthrough: Cholesterol-lowering drugs 'could combat deep...
- 13:32 We need your nominations
- 13:32 Harry Potter festival plans 'blown out the water'
- 13:31 Coventry City twin backing brother Dion to help bring back the...