India ratifies Paris climate change deal
India, the world's third largest emitter of greenhouse gases, formally joined the Paris agreement on tackling climate change on Sunday, taking the global pact a step nearer its enactment.
"India has deposited its instrument of ratification of the Paris Agreement with the United Nations," the U.N. said in a statement on Sunday.
The deal, agreed by nearly 200 countries in Paris last December, aims to slash greenhouse gas emissions by shifting away from fossil fuels to limit global warming to "well below" two degrees Celsius compared to pre-industrial times.
But it needs to... read more
- 12:08 ‘We need volunteers’: Burgh-le-Marsh Carnival is back
- 12:08 East Midlands Air Ambulance in demand
- 12:08 One in 13 has Type 2 diabetes, new figures show
- 12:08 New football academy will offer practical training and study in Oakham
- 12:08 Museum is back in business for 2017
- 12:07 MK Dons 5 Northampton Town 3 – match review, player ratings and...
- 12:07 Ministers covered up failed Trident test before crucial vote
- 12:05 Heydour Parish Hall hosts ’20s era jazz quintet
- 12:04 Jack Wilshere says Wayne Rooney is the best he’s played with and...
- 12:02 Police believe missing man could be in Cumbria
- 12:01 Hall ready to embark on revenge mission
- 12:01 Hugill hails PNE's character after firing them to Aston Villa point
- 12:01 Chorley 2, Altrincham 0
- 12:00 Indonesian authorities detain 17 nationals returning from Syria
- 12:00 Syrian army and allies take village from Islamic State
- 11:59 George Michael’s ex claims a sex drug addiction may have led to...
- 11:59 'Lightbulb' moment for Lindley Clock Tower 115 years after it was...
- 11:59 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho is fed up with Reds goal trait
- 11:55 Aston Villa transfer rumour: Steve Bruce eyes Premier League swap...
- 11:55 Police investigating Perry Barr 'shooting' after reports of gunfire
- 11:55 Jonathan Kodjia has this message for Aston Villa fans after Preston...
- 11:54 Keates on Wrexham AFC's wasted chances and Rooney's goal
- 11:54 Chester FC 1 Wrexham AFC 1: How the players rated
- 11:53 Queen's chaplain resigns over Glasgow cathedral Koran row
- 11:53 Spaniel 'dumped over 6ft fence' in freezing conditions in West Malling
- 11:53 Countdown clock shows how long left until Donald Trump won’t be...
- 11:51 COLUMN: Moderation is key to a balanced diet
- 11:51 Derbyshire campaigners protest over divisive policies of US...
- 11:50 Jorge Mendes is working on these deals: How will it affect your club?
- 11:49 People are taking the mick out of White House spokesman saying...