India must release Kashmiri human rights activist, U.N. experts say
NEW DELHI (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - The Indian government must immediately release a prominent Kashmiri human rights activist arrested last month on charges of involvement in activities against the public order, a group of United Nations experts urged on Wednesday.
Khurram Parvez, 39, coordinator of the Jammu Kashmir Coalition of Civil Society (JKCSS) has long campaigned against human rights violations committed by state forces in India's volatile Himalayan region of Jammu and Kashmir.
In a statement issued by the U.N. Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), four... read more
- 16:05 Keen cook scoops scholarship
- 16:05 Colleague pays tribute to ‘wise’ Dr Geoff Slater
- 16:05 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Chess champions at Gipsey Bridge
- 16:05 Flowers for police after Westminster terror attack
- 16:04 WATCH: Councillor vows to fill in 'dangerous' potholes plaguing...
- 16:04 Chairman of Burton Soup Kitchen speaks of 'disgusted' after camera...
- 16:03 Who will leave Chelsea this summer? The five Blues stars most...
- 16:03 Dashcam footage appeal after Holywell police incident
- 16:03 Masked machete-wielding men imprison couple in Derbyshire farmhouse...
- 16:03 Hunt for missing sex offender
- 16:03 Flowers sent to Kirklees Police after terror attacks in capital...
- 16:02 Tesco to cut petrol and diesel prices by 2p ahead of Mother’s Day
- 16:02 Tiny eye moments that give away if you’re lying
- 16:01 Colleague pays tribute to ‘wise’ Dr Geoff Slater
- 16:01 Infineon raises 2017 outlook on stronger automotive orders
- 16:00 Education trust running Hartlepool and Sunderland schools announces...
- 16:00 Police helicopter bids final farewell
- 16:00 See Sunderland schoolboy dice with danger clinging to moving bus
- 16:00 Paul Merson reveals who he wants to replace Arsene Wenger at Arsenal
- 16:00 Manchester United tell Real Madrid: Forget David De Gea or we will...
- 16:00 BREAKING: First picture of young Sheffield dad stabbed to death
- 16:00 Lawyer who stole £4m from clients and Church jailed for seven years
- 16:00 Woman stubs out cigarette on man's face in Telford racist assault
- 16:00 14 charged after Halloween 'ride out' of bikers through city centre
- 15:59 Comets’ ladies are ‘fusing fun with fitness’
- 15:59 New equipment for Kenilworth Clinic patients after Round Table...
- 15:59 Tesco to cut petrol and diesel prices by 2p ahead of Mother’s Day
- 15:58 U.S. House panel seeking more testimony from FBI, NSA chiefs in...
- 15:58 U.S. sanctions 30 firms, individuals for aiding Iran, North Korea...
- 15:58 Tesco to cut petrol and diesel prices by 2p ahead of Mother’s Day