India hospital fined after wrong body cremated
A hospital in the southern Indian state of Kerala has been fined 2.5m rupees ($36,890) after a mix-up involving two dead bodies meant for cremation.
When the daughters of the late Mr Purushothaman turned up to collect his body, they were given the remains of another man - AP Kanthy.
But the Ernakulam Medical Centre insisted it was the right person.
It later emerged that their father's body had already been released to Mr Kanthy's family and cremated.
Both men had died within the same 24-hour period.
The women had been caused "mental agony" over not being able to cremate their... read more
- 04:14 AGL rejects Alinta's bid for Liddell power plant, confirming its...
- 03:40 Westworld recap: season 2, episode 5 – Maeve the merciful
- 03:40 UK must counter 'threats' in space - Williamson
- 03:21 Why the dad bod has to go for the sake of my daughter
- 03:19 'Sharenting' puts young at risk of online fraud
- 03:06 Girl loses fingers in school art lesson
- 02:33 Australian tourist dies in New Zealand rafting accident
- 02:19 UK airports with worst departing flight delays revealed
- 02:11 TOWIE: Courtney Green screams 'no one likes you' at Jordan Wright...
- 02:11 Billboards 2018: Jenna Dewan dominates the red carpet in gladiator...
- 02:11 George Clooney 'danced with Meghan Markle AND Duchess Catherine at...
- 02:11 Billboards 2018: Demi Lovato shows off her wild side with a...
- 02:11 A Very English Scandal viewers can't forget Ben Whishaw as the...
- 02:11 Billboards 2018: Christina Aguilera leads the worst dressed in...
- 02:11 Simon Cowell's son Eric, 4, puts on a hilarious display as he...
- 02:11 Taylor Swift thanks 'female artists who paved the way' for her as...
- 02:01 Reality Check: Are clothes moths on the rise?
- 01:52 India's Billy Elliott 'living the dream' in the Scottish Highlands
- 01:34 First baby in 12 years born on remote island where births are banned
- 01:16 Health services overloaded despite support pledges, claims report
- 01:15 UK turns blind eye to dirty Russian money, say MPs
- 01:10 Extra funding needed to avoid ‘year-round crisis’ in the NHS
- 00:56 Michele Curtis's red salad with berries and spiced nuts recipe
- 00:53 Gender inequality: Stars tell world leaders poverty is sexist
- 00:52 Jameela Jamil was told she was 'too ethnic' to make it in the US
- 00:41 Jayne Dowle: My not so brave new world in the shadow of terror
- 00:41 The Yorkshire Post says: Fears of farmers. New calls for customs...
- 00:36 How we will know if North Korea really 'denuclearises'
- 00:36 Ben Makuch of Vice takes on police in Supreme Court
- 00:36 Grenfell Tower: Bereaved to speak at inquiry into blaze