India arrests six suspected of plotting Islamic State attacks
Indian police have arrested six members of an Islamic State-inspired group suspected of plotting attacks on key figures and public places during the Hindu festival of Diwali, the national counter-terrorism agency said on Monday.
Islamic State has struggled to win over many recruits in India, which is home to the world's third-largest Muslim population.
But over the past year or so, the National Investigation Agency has found small groups of people in the southern states of Kerala and Tamil Nadu who have either travelled to Syria to join the militant Sunni group or planned attacks inside... read more
- 12:03 Van driver branded a 'son of a b***h' for parking in Edgbaston street
- 12:02 Barcelona police shoot driver of speeding truck 'packed with gas...
- 12:02 Hearts need to start challenging for silverware, says Jambos...
- 12:01 Sheffield College students stage Shakespeare inspired show
- 12:00 Film shows why Hull and Iceland aren't so different as Arctic...
- 12:00 Two rescued from Bootle flat fire
- 12:00 ‘He’s on a ledge' Phillip and Holly FEAR for baby’s safety as he...
- 11:59 The many benefits of volunteering
- 11:59 Bikes stolen in Baginton burglary
- 11:59 Azerbaijan President Aliyev makes wife Mehriban his deputy
- 11:59 Nottingham named one of the best cities to become friends with your...
- 11:59 Look inside this six-bed house for sale on Nottingham's...
- 11:58 Storm Doris to bring damaging winds and heavy rain to Grimsby area
- 11:58 France joins the party as euro zone economic outlook shines
- 11:58 WEATHER WARNING: Winds of up to 60mph to batter North West
- 11:57 Sheffield College students stage Shakespeare inspired show
- 11:56 Missing Warwick man found safe
- 11:55 Byron Sixth Form College into national F1 Schools competition final
- 11:55 Tributes left to Sunderland fan who died in cycling tragedy
- 11:55 Manchester United players and Jose Mourinho in positive mood ahead...
- 11:54 Labour to host vigil for Louth Hospital and NHS
- 11:54 SS-GB: BBC to 'look at' sound levels after complaints
- 11:53 Toyota tease futuristic electric city car concept that'll be...
- 11:53 BMW reveals new flying motorcycle and you'll never believe what...
- 11:53 Manchester United v St-Etienne: Jose Mourinho receives injury boost
- 11:53 Wrexham teenagers arrested on suspicion of robbery
- 11:53 The Lords has "lost its honour" - is it time for them to go?
- 11:53 EU banking watchdog revises new payments rules
- 11:53 As he turns 93, Mugabe dismisses corruption allegations
- 11:52 Man suffers burns to face and head in car fire