Incredible moment a six-day-old baby has life-saving open heart surgery after a nurse spots a deadly defect
This is the incredible moment a six-day-old baby undergoes life-saving open heart surgery.
The boy was born at home in West Drayton, London, and was immediately taken to hospital for medical checks.
Hospital staff deemed him to be healthy until a more experienced nurse noticed a blue colouring in his feet and fingers.
Scroll down for video
Further tests revealed he had a potentially fatal heart defect which meant blood between his heart and lungs wasn't flowing properly.
He was transferred to Great Ormond Street Hospital for the open heart surgery.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next... read more
- 22:20 Mark Selby holds off a Ronnie O'Sullivan fightback to win the UK...
- 22:17 Row over fees breaks out between fund responsible for saving BHS...
- 22:17 As Eurocrats compile report on £21bn deal: Will Brussels block...
- 22:17 Stat shows how much Liverpool rely on Joel Matip after...
- 22:15 Matt Palmer's wonder-strike for Burton Albion: would any goalkeeper...
- 22:13 Motorist who drove his Range Rover at two men injuring them is jailed
- 22:13 Molson Coors gets five-year contract with Center Parcs
- 22:12 England coach Eddie Jones targets majority share for next summer's...
- 22:12 Owen Farrell hopes England can continue to kick on after Australia...
- 22:12 Eddie Jones threatens England stars with axe despite perfect 2016
- 22:12 Nathan Hughes shows he can fill Billy Vunipola's boots after...
- 22:12 Miss Great Grimsby 2017 auditions have begun!
- 22:11 Oxbridge student found dead on first night of university ski trip...
- 22:08 Brazil: Thousands marches against 'watered down anti-corruption bill'
- 22:06 Mark Selby wins UK Championship 2016 against Ronnie O'Sullivan
- 21:56 How you can get 18 consecutive days off work for only 9 days...
- 21:56 Hearts eyeing Newcastle assistant Ian Cathro as a possible...
- 21:54 UK Championship: Mark Selby beats Ronnie O'Sullivan in epic snooker...
- 21:50 Manchester United legend Gary Neville slams Marouane Fellaini for...
- 21:43 Canadian woman, 96, becomes a great-great-great grandmother
- 21:39 The Apprentice past winners: Where are they now?
- 21:35 Panto Peter Pan ‘kept me on the edge of my seat’
- 21:34 In pictures: Cuba says final goodbye to Fidel Castro
- 21:31 Kezia Dugdale to accuse Tories of reopening indyref divisions
- 21:31 Theresa May reveals her favourite TV shows for Christmas
- 21:27 Boris Johnson says no ‘large’ EU bill for single market
- 21:26 Crew called to reports of fire at block of flats in Barrow
- 21:26 Damage caused to cars in Dalton street
- 21:23 Man United star Marouane Fellaini reveals Jose Mourinho discussion
- 21:23 This is how to de-ice your car SAFELY in the morning