Incident response to be tested
0 Have your say A huge live training exercise will be held across Calderdale tomorrow.
Operation Calderdale16 will test the emergency response of Calderdale Council, the emergency services and partners to a major flooding incident, including a live search and rescue.
Taking part will be a range of council services, together with West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service, West Yorkshire Police, the Environment Agency, the Canal and River Trust, Yorkshire Water, Calder Valley Search and Rescue, Northern Powergrid, Yorkshire Ambulance Service and Together Housing.
Councillor Tim Swift, Calderdale... read more
- 01:29 Elton John, 70, in intensive care battle after being struck down by...
- 01:29 EXCLUSIVE: 'It was a hard decision for them to make': The Saturdays...
- 01:27 Eight ways machine learning is already in your life
- 01:25 Scott Brown can win appeal because of Andy Halliday's horror...
- 01:25 44 Scotland Street: A road to freedom
- 01:22 Opioid epidemic 'is underestimated': CDC report warns current data...
- 01:20 Action urged on school holiday hunger
- 01:19 Uber, France spar over whether company is a transport service
- 01:07 Nine ways to organise your life in your lunchtime
- 01:07 Diesel vehicles important for UK economy, says industry
- 01:07 Small businesses with EU staff worried about Brexit
- 01:06 YP Comment: Changing of the guard - Outsiders in French election...
- 01:06 Exercise 'keeps the mind sharp' in over-50s, study finds
- 01:06 Brexit university ‘brain drain’ warning
- 01:02 Watford interested in 25-year-old Bournemouth defender Steve Cook
- 01:02 Neil Lennon believes Hibernian are the second best team in Scotland...
- 01:02 Marco Fu edges past Neil Robertson to reach the World Championship...
- 01:02 Misbah-ul-Haq left stranded on 99 as Pakistan are bowled out for...
- 01:02 Justin Carney faces possible eight-match ban after Salford winger...
- 01:01 Outcry over Trump's Mar-a-Lago embassy post
- 01:01 Trump declares NOW is the time to take ACTION on North Korea amid...
- 01:00 Wikipedia's Jimmy Wales creates news service Wikitribune
- 00:54 Woman stabbed friend in face with broken vodka bottle
- 00:53 Phone driving laws - Fine increases not enough to deter drivers
- 00:43 Sturgeon: Tories will ‘make Scotland poorer’
- 00:43 Corbyn: I implore Scots to vote for a party of progress
- 00:43 Tories could drop 2015 ‘tax lock’ pledge
- 00:42 Sir Elton John cancels US shows due to 'potentially deadly' infection
- 00:42 Forty-five minutes exercise several days a week boosts brain power...
- 00:42 'Two-tier system' leaving many refugees destitute, politicians warn