In pictures: Manchester's Olympic and Paralympic heroes parade
It was a day to remember for Manchester as more than 100,000 people came together to show their appreciation for Britain’s Olympic and Paralympic heroes.
The eyes of the nation were on the city for the spectacular Heroes Parade - and we didn’t disappoint.
Despite a spot of typical Mancunian weather, the downpours did little to dampen people’s spirits.
Council chiefs say more than 100,000 people gathered in the city centre for the celebrations.
Disaster was averted after the huge backdrop behind the stage in Albert Square fell down 30 minutes before fans were due to be let in.
But workmen... read more
- 13:08 Teenager with severe frostbite faced having his hands amputated...
- 13:08 Desk declutter save's life of TV producer: Glamorous 33-year-old...
- 13:08 Teenagers binge-drink because they hate their bodies - not because...
- 13:06 Man found dead at Rhyl hotel
- 13:06 Brexit: What is UK offering EU citizens?
- 13:06 Ireland could review cap on bank share sales - finance minister
- 13:06 McDonald's bring back the Big Tasty - but you don't have long to...
- 13:06 Sunderland to Newcastle bus service axed as changes announced to...
- 13:05 Council announces £900,000 blitz on South Kesteven ‘grot spots’
- 13:05 Moretonville Junior Football Club named best in the South of England
- 13:05 Wolston fraudster jailed after fleecing pensioner out of more than...
- 13:04 CCTV image released of man police would like to identify after...
- 13:04 Mayor urges people to get behind Liverpool Commonwealth Games bid
- 13:04 Missing man appeal made by police
- 13:03 Sheffield named 'banter capital of Britain'
- 13:03 Power cut hits over 1,000 Whitehaven properties
- 13:03 LETTER: Brexit - no half way house
- 13:03 Hotpoint urges people with same fridge-freezer model that started...
- 13:03 POLICE UPDATE: 'Suspicious' incident at Biddulph's Woodhouse...
- 13:03 Young woman fights for life after being hit by car near Leeds
- 13:03 Baby panda charms Japan
- 13:03 Policing in West Yorkshire: Why we can’t stop watching the detectives
- 13:03 Drugs police raid Lytham home
- 13:03 WHAT’S ON: Armed Forces Day Blackpool events and offers
- 13:02 ECB's Draghi tells EU leaders expects economy, wages to grow
- 13:02 Sheffield named 'banter capital of Britain'
- 13:02 Online concern over Chinese 'human embroidery' trend
- 13:01 Manchester United clear favourites to sign Chelsea star Nemanja...
- 13:01 Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor tickets have not gone on sale -...
- 13:01 Championship Transfer News: Leeds done deal, Terry to Aston Villa...