In defence of studying Art History – the only truly liberal arts subject
Yesterday, the last exam board to offer the History of Art A-level announced that it was going to axe it, in a last ditch effort to scrap all ‘soft subjects’ from the classroom.
It was the latest in a series of punches delivered to the British art community, after first bleeding the scene dry of any funding.
This incredible artist paints people to blend in with famous landmarks Presumably, this is a move by the government to turn us into a country of lawyers, doctors and mechanics. Because, after all, creative types have no use in society at large, right?
History of Art is really the UK’s... read more
- 17:02 Police issue appeal after lawnmower stolen from Kettering allotments
- 17:02 How Theresa May's DUP deal gives Northern Ireland 18 times as much...
- 17:02 Travellers moved off Basford Park as Stoke-on-Trent City Council...
- 17:02 Man arrested after Castle Vale care home pensioner 'battered with...
- 17:01 Stephanie Parrott School of Dance to hold fund-raising dance in...
- 17:01 Chesterfield McDonald's reopens after refurbishment
- 17:00 ‘Shed’ idea for town centre bar
- 17:00 Air force general ‘used fighter jet to save time on his commute’
- 17:00 Fears are rewoken over quarry plans
- 17:00 Greggs may open later this year opposite Preston hospital
- 16:59 Falling oil prices push petrol prices down
- 16:59 The Betrayed Girls: MP says she was called 'racist' over Rochdale...
- 16:59 Crash Bandicoot PS4 review round-up: N Sane Trilogy divides critics
- 16:59 Travellers who moved onto Chaddesden Park vow to stay in Derby for...
- 16:59 Pokemon Go UPDATE - Rare Shiny Pikachu REVEALED for Niantic...
- 16:58 Facebook storm after hunting group pose for wedding pictures at top...
- 16:58 Radja Nainggolan will join Manchester United reckons pundit Janusz...
- 16:57 Borders huntsmen convicted of breaching fox-hunting laws
- 16:57 Raid on Barclays bank in Sparkbook: Everything we know so far
- 16:56 Worldwide fears as borrowing may become much more difficult
- 16:56 Phil Neville: If Manchester United can do this they will challenge...
- 16:56 Helping families as always
- 16:56 Pupils learning to keep it fresh after food firm pays a visit
- 16:55 PICTURE EXCLUSIVE: Made In Chelsea's Tiffany Watson flaunts serious...
- 16:55 Hey Good(man) Lookin'! Reality star Chloe displays her eye-popping...
- 16:55 Plenty of inspiration to be found
- 16:54 Calls for indyrer2 to require a 70% margin for victory
- 16:54 The disruptive retailers bringing the high street to the consumer
- 16:54 The Ripon Mayor’s column with Pauline McHardy
- 16:54 Conwy bride's dream wedding nightmare after marquee firm no-show