Impoverished healthcare at squalid Liverpool prison, report says
Major failings in the provision of healthcare at Liverpool prison have been uncovered by a BBC investigation.
Whistleblowers have told BBC News that prisoners have died and others have been injured due to poor care.
Most of the incidents have happened since inspectors said conditions at the jail were the worst they had seen.
Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust said it was sorry it had not managed to improve services as much as it had hoped.
For the past three months, healthcare staff at HMP Liverpool have been highlighting ongoing concerns about the treatment of some of the approximately... read more
- 18:00 Plans to fix dangerous Sutton road
- 18:00 John Leslie cleared over Edinburgh nightclub hen night sex assault...
- 17:57 Police hunt man after damage to Barrow pub
- 17:57 Refugee reveals the terrifying moment he fled Darfur during civil war
- 17:57 North and South Korea agree to reunite families split by war
- 17:52 Durham University student cleared of rape and sexual assault
- 17:52 Phillip Wearne obituary
- 17:52 BMW joins Airbus in Brexit warning
- 17:51 Coventry City boss Mark Robins's reaction to the new League One...
- 17:50 Scale of repairs revealed at ceiling collapse school in Birmingham
- 17:50 House of Fraser closure could be a housing 'opportunity' for...
- 17:47 Judge rejects bid for gender-neutral passports
- 17:46 Pair deny Cockermouth Christmas Day assault allegations
- 17:44 Bus diversions after car overturns in Beeches Road, Great Barr
- 17:43 Popular Hull café Nibble to double in size in city's booming Fruit...
- 17:43 Best of British with the Range Rover Evoque
- 17:43 Police refuse to give up but after 114 orders made, is this...
- 17:43 National Kissing Day: There’s nothing wrong with kissing on the...
- 17:42 Police appeal after arson at Chesterfield gym
- 17:42 Noise complaints force Edinburgh music festival indoors
- 17:40 Romelu Lukaku working on helping Belgium to win rather than Golden...
- 17:40 Windrush service celebrates generation's contribution to Britain
- 17:38 Retford United to unveil renovated clubhouse at grand opening event...
- 17:38 Multiple 999 crews rush in and air ambulance spotted above village...
- 17:38 UK faces risk from slump in China, warns Bank of England
- 17:36 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Blackfordby, police say
- 17:36 Teenage boy blasted with a shotgun in Runcorn over "petty dispute"
- 17:35 Neymar cries after Brazil win over Costa Rica – Best pics as ace...
- 17:32 Festival-goers celebrating rare Bowland meadows
- 17:32 West End theatre renamed after Cats choreographer Gillian Lynne