IMF to enter Brexit row amid controversy over Bank of England's intervention
The IMF is set to intervene in the increasingly bitter Brexit battle after the Bank of England's warning withdrawal could cause recession provoked a furious backlash from the Leave campaign.
IMF managing director Christine Lagarde was expected to deliver a sharp, downbeat, warning regarding the economic impact of Britain turning its back on Brussels as she was meeting Chancellor George Osborne at the Treasury.
And in a double-whammy attack against the Leave side, Tory former prime minister Sir John Major was accusing the Brexit c ampaign of "fuelling prejudice" with dangerous... read more
- 15:44 Arsene Wenger quits Arsenal: Who joins Thierry Henry in his best...
- 15:44 Arsenal expected XI: Arsene Wenger to go 4-3-3 against West Ham for...
- 15:44 PIERS MORGAN: I'm glad Wenger's going, but I'm also glad I can...
- 15:44 Chelsea expected XI: Who will make Antonio Conte’s 3-4-3 for FA Cup...
- 15:44 US court sentences former Liberian warlord to 30 years
- 15:44 Last Damascus rebels bombarded as Assad presses advantage in Syria
- 15:44 Bristol hospital vows to improve training after death of teenager
- 15:43 Last days of Preston's former indoor market caught on camera
- 15:42 Doncaster Apprentice star returns to TV to tell of store's success...
- 15:42 A guide to nudist beaches in North Wales
- 15:40 Land Rovers put through their paces on muddy Grantham course
- 15:40 Papa John’s is selling a ‘cheeseburger pizza’
- 15:40 Annabel’s new role in BBC drama The Split
- 15:40 Express in New York for a 30th to remember
- 15:40 Students’ hopes to topple Yorkshire’s highest peaks
- 15:40 Pit banner parade to return after 30 years
- 15:40 Housebuilder gives baby unit a £1k donation
- 15:39 London Marathon's long love of fancy dress
- 15:39 Flood issues raised after heavy rainfall
- 15:39 Ballot open for action over Wigan hospital staff firm move
- 15:38 Dog festival at Prestwich's Heaton Park in aid of children's hospice
- 15:37 Prince Charles approved as next head of the Commonwealth
- 15:37 Mum who stabbed five-year-old son to death given indefinite...
- 15:37 Housebuilder gives baby unit a £1k donation
- 15:35 Motorbike rider in 'serious but stable' condition after A171 crash
- 15:35 Wells Fargo to pay $1bn in largest fine levied against a bank under...
- 15:35 Crafty pupils stub out cigarette litter
- 15:34 Pit banner parade to return after 30 years
- 15:34 Is it legal to smoke weed on 420?
- 15:33 Have you seen this missing Kettering man?