Iheanacho's rise at Man City doesn't look like stopping any time soon
The story of Kelechi Iheanacho’s Manchester City career is a fascinating one, a tale of hard work, discipline, technical brilliance and a rapid rise.
During his time at the Taye Academy in Imo, Nigeria, he became known as one of the top young African prospects. A number of European clubs wanted him but it was City who acted quickest and tied him to a pre-contract agreement before his 18th birthday. Porto, who had also made a move and thought they had secured a deal, were outflanked.
He went back to Nigeria for a while and was named Most Promising Talent of the Year in 2013, African... read more
- 14:05 The science behind why we can't stop eating kebabs
- 14:05 Part of M6 motorway in Cumbria blocked after HGV crash
- 14:04 Shadow Brexit Secretary to speak at Burnley's May Day Festival
- 14:04 Conor McGregor still hopeful of fighting Floyd Mayweather in September
- 14:04 Britons buy fewer houses in Spain after Brexit vote - study
- 14:04 YP Letters: Our national broadcasters should adopt ‘Brexit-free days’
- 14:04 YP Letters: Try walking back to a happier, healthier life
- 14:03 Lancashire recommends... Shopping experiences
- 14:02 Manchester United fans will love Michael Keane's reported answer to...
- 14:02 Ex-Liverpool FC defender Mamadou Sakho plays down celebration of...
- 14:02 Hundreds of scouts march through streets in St George’s Day parade
- 14:01 Chester's most patriotic publican misses St George's Day celebrations
- 14:01 Tour de Yorkshire preview: What you need to know about this...
- 14:01 Comedian Eddie Izzard enjoys picnic ahead of The Great Get Together...
- 14:01 The science behind why we can't stop eating kebabs
- 14:00 Emmanuel Macron wife: Who is Brigitte Trogneux, the former teacher...
- 14:00 Russian mountaineers plan expedition to recover all Everest’s dead
- 14:00 Men who tell sexist or homophobic jokes suffer from low self esteem
- 14:00 Machete wielding man arrested
- 13:59 Futures rally as French worries ease; earnings in focus
- 13:59 Israel indicts U.S.-Israeli teen over bomb threats
- 13:58 Chelsea star Marcos Alonso delivers Manchester United revelation: I...
- 13:58 Parking charges in St Helens to RISE by 20 per cent
- 13:58 Apple self-driving car testing plan gives clues to tech program
- 13:58 BREAKING: Robbers target second Mansfield Woodhouse Post Office in...
- 13:57 Video: Drunk woman caught by police for driving on M6 with just...
- 13:57 Police name Congleton man killed in early-morning crash on the A523...
- 13:57 Newcastle's anarchic TV pop show The Tube remembered in 20 fun facts
- 13:56 Kate Garraway explains what REALLY happened when dress POPPED OPEN...
- 13:55 Real Madrid v Barcelona highlights: Lionel Messi scores 500th goal,...