If you live in these areas, you’re probably going to die early (sorry)
Britain is a divided nation, not just in terms of politics – but in terms of life expectancy, with some children likely to have 15 years more good health than people nearby.
Data from the Office of National Statistics has highlighted the appalling gulf between deprived areas and posher areas in terms of life expectancy.
The worst areas for ‘healthy life expectancy’ for men
The worst areas for healthy life expectancy Manchester 55.8 Glasgow City 55.9
Blaenau Gwent 56.0
Merthyr Tydfil 56.3
Tower Hamlets 56.6
Derry City and Strabane 57.2
Rhondda Cynon... read more
- 00:59 Ding Junhui avoids shock first-round exit by producing stirring...
- 00:57 Venezuela opposition puts pressure on President Maduro
- 00:57 'NUTRITION IS ABOUT FEELING GOOD'
- 00:57 Flood defence funding 'favours rich areas' in the South East
- 00:53 Microsoft to increase UK prices of enterprise products, citing...
- 00:52 Gerard Butler, Venus Williams and Gordon Ramsey watch Lewis...
- 00:49 Scottish teachers begin strike action over workloads
- 00:47 Indyref2 is 'waste of time' until Scottish Government tackles...
- 00:46 Is vinegar the next SUPERFOOD? Grain and fruit varieties 'have good...
- 00:46 Dalbeattie Tennis Club hosts 2016 end of season awards evening
- 00:45 Monday interview: Brett Simpson, chief executive of Low & Bonar
- 00:45 Edinburgh’s office take-up shrugs off Brexit uncertainty
- 00:45 Call to help Dundee’s Waterfront progress
- 00:44 Doctors name treatments that bring little or no benefit
- 00:42 The media boss who swapped winning Oscars for kids TV
- 00:42 For AT&T, Time Warner was always on the menu
- 00:41 Ian Rankin: ‘I can’t imagine killing off Rebus’
- 00:41 Classical music review: St Andrews Voices, St Andrews
- 00:41 Heading footballs 'affects memory'
- 00:37 Manchester United legend Phil Neville blasts Paul Pogba and Ander...
- 00:37 'I can't wait for wedding I never had': Transgender Justine on...
- 00:37 Better bus services 'cut social deprivation'
- 00:35 Trainers and decorative flamingos kick CD racks off shopping lists
- 00:35 ‘Tornado’ image of starlings wins coveted photography competition
- 00:33 Modi sees election danger in India's 'Dalit Queen'
- 00:33 Top assist providers in Premier League history: Which Man Utd great...
- 00:29 What next after the Jungle?
- 00:28 AI predicts outcome of human rights cases
- 00:24 Scents of villainy, from Eden to an odiferous ancient Rome
- 00:24 ‘Neither independent nor impartial’