'If you are reading this, I am dead ...' The notice written by much-loved family man who died at 72
"If you're reading this... I am dead."
They were some of the final words of former Laceby Parish Council chairman Martin Greenbeck, who took the unusual step of writing his own death notice, pictured below, before he sadly lost his life to asbestosis.
Wife Sharon said it was testament to his positivity after being given such a devastating diagnosis as she paid tribute to her husband of 43 years.
READ MORE: Disgust after vandals wreck Lincoln memorial
"Martin was a lovely man," she said. "He was fair, honest and always thought of the underdog. He was funny and he had... read more
- 06:23 Big Lottery cash funds speed watch system for Sutton St James
- 06:22 Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil to be handed Champions League pay...
- 06:22 Fabinho to Man Utd: Monaco star's wife teases fans on social media...
- 06:22 JPMorgan Chase to centralize energy controls for 4,500 branches
- 06:22 North Korea satellite images 'show signs of rocket engine test amid...
- 06:22 Man Utd could make Serge Aurier bid in coming weeks: Star wants to...
- 06:21 Wednesday briefing: 'Craven' UK bowing to China, says Patten
- 06:19 PlayStation Plus free games warning as fans wait for PS Plus July...
- 06:17 WIN: More £50 vouchers to be won for the White House pub
- 06:17 Hospital discharge delays ‘at lowest for a decade’
- 06:16 The Northumberland coast in a day
- 06:16 Pub the size of a 'living room' next to Nottingham Station gets go...
- 06:16 Wizard weekend was just magic
- 06:16 Post Lite delivery boy hangs up his bag - at the age of 74
- 06:16 Feast of food on offer at Taste of The North
- 06:15 Ellesmere Port to gain 150 freehold homes
- 06:14 Birmingham Live: Breaking news, travel and weather across the...
- 06:14 The mystery of who killed 'Little Girl Blue' in Birmingham
- 06:14 Four homes could be built in Newborough, near Burton, as latest...
- 06:13 Current Premier League managers ranked by how long they've been at...
- 06:13 How Manchester United could look with Nemanja Matic
- 06:13 Breathing test aims to fight children’s risk of asthma attacks
- 06:12 Man Utd to sign Ethan Galbraith on three-year deal: Why? Who is he?...
- 06:12 Laurent Koscielny to leave Arsenal: AC Milan ready to test Gunners’...
- 06:12 Real Madrid want Leonardo Bonucci to replace Pepe, Chelsea also...
- 06:12 The compensation claims made for injuries at Northamptonshire...
- 06:12 How many people still watch black and white TV in Corby and Kettering?
- 06:12 SE Asia Stocks-Fall as Wall St hit by U.S. healthcare vote delay
- 06:12 Senior KGH midwife struck off for series of serious failings
- 06:12 Meeting being held about parking and traffic at Rushden Lakes