If only brands had these brutally honest slogans
Brands spend millions on marketing to get their companies noticed.
Some are better at it than others. Coca-Cola, for example, is one of the world’s most recognised logos.
But over time, big labels are bound to get more arbitrary reputations that have either come from an isolated incident (Pepsi is now the race-solving drink) or just by established attitudes towards it.
Slogans are another matter. Company slogans are carefully thought out, often by specially hired marketing agencies.
Marketing agencies will analyse a client and try to determine a phrase as part of the brand’s identity that... read more
- 07:55 Police tent erected at Sheffield murder scene after death of boy, 15
- 07:54 Criminal proceedings not ruled out over use of donations for...
- 07:53 Sheila Hancock on Edie: 'There aren't many actors still around who...
- 07:51 Father and daughter step out for charity
- 07:51 Green-fingered Brownies lend a hand
- 07:51 Popular landlord and colourful character dies
- 07:51 Antiques show heads to Alnwick
- 07:51 Celebrating LGBT culture and life in Northumberland
- 07:51 Latest results from the courts
- 07:51 Northumberland Day – a celebration of our heritage
- 07:51 GALLERY: A trip to the Farne Islands.
- 07:44 Edinburgh Woollen Mill confirms it will move headquarters to Carlisle
- 07:43 Why cockroach milk is the ultimate ‘superfood’
- 07:41 Police tent erected at Sheffield murder scene after death of boy, 15
- 07:40 Man from north London charged with terrorism offences
- 07:40 Cash converters: could this Dutch scheme stop drivers speeding?
- 07:40 Who betrayed Anne Frank? Book claims to shed new light on mystery
- 07:40 Leeds Windrush victim could not travel to see star athlete sister’s...
- 07:39 Parking your car the wrong way round could land you a £1000 fine
- 07:39 Stories of good deeds
- 07:39 City centre is now bereft of trees
- 07:39 'Jealous' Northampton woman yanked out ex-boyfriend's dreadlocks...
- 07:39 'I feared for my life': Woman's account of alleged kidnap and sex...
- 07:38 Motorcyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following...
- 07:34 Orphaned fox cub rescued from busy road by West Cumbrian animal...
- 07:34 Global health conference to return to Cumbria after snow forced...
- 07:34 Police crush major Carlisle drug conspiracy
- 07:34 Hats off to Headway with teddies, titters and titfers
- 07:29 Someone’s made a Bop It! themed sex toy
- 07:29 Man due in court accused of killing Sheffield baby