Iceland could LEAVE EU trade area for new deal with UK
According to a newly-adopted foreign policy from the governing Progressive Party, the time has come for Iceland to consider whether the EEA and Schengen deals are working for them.
The new policy, adopted at the party’s national conference earlier this month, states the EEA agreement formed the basis for the state’s cooperation and positive relationship with the European Union as a whole.
It also claims Icelanders "should continue to seek cooperation with European nations, inside and outside the EU, on grounds of free and fair agreements and cooperation based on equality and mutual... read more
- 09:24 Unsafe railway bridge needs to be demolished, says Network Rail
- 09:24 The Bay Gateway: Exclusive preview of the new road
- 09:24 Attack victim Ben is out of coma and talking to family
- 09:23 Wales Rally GB in Chester: Everything you need to know
- 09:23 Smail Ayad charged in Australia with second British backpacker murder
- 09:23 Chris Tarrant: Since I had a stroke I've been taking a lot more...
- 09:22 Historic Warwick sites recognised as being ‘at risk’
- 09:21 Junior Football: Free-scoring Gartcairn keep Junior Cup dream alive
- 09:20 Nissan announcement is ‘fantastic’, say suppliers
- 09:20 Mental health services must improve at 127 NHS groups, figures show
- 09:19 Care home near Market Drayton is told to improve standards
- 09:18 Liverpool had to steal Trent Alexander-Arnold away from...
- 09:18 Guards hurt in robbery at bank
- 09:17 National Sperm Bank in Birmingham forced to stop recruiting new donors
- 09:16 Local history: Buried alive? Past Calderdale funeral customs
- 09:15 Imitation gun pointed at woman
- 09:14 Tamim Iqbal and Mominul Haque leave Bangladesh in control at lunch
- 09:14 AUDIO: Heartbreaking 999 call from terrified elderly woman...
- 09:14 IAG cuts 2016 forecast on sterling weakness
- 09:14 Flight of financial activity from UK likely in 'hard Brexit' -...
- 09:14 Daryl Powell commits future to Castleford
- 09:14 British Cycling asked to explain TUEs at select committee hearing
- 09:14 Chelsea ace receives surprise praise from Premier League captain:...
- 09:14 Premier League referees: Which official does your side win the most...
- 09:13 Lots of laughs as Laura Lexx plays city comedy festival
- 09:12 Park protected by charitable status
- 09:12 Suspect casually stops at drive thru during high-speed police chase
- 09:11 Andrew proves there is life after redundancy and is nominated for...
- 09:11 Dog with deformed paw left tied to lamppost in Eastwood
- 09:11 AUDIO: Heartbreaking 999 call from terrified elderly woman...