Iceland could LEAVE EU trade area for new deal with UK
According to a newly-adopted foreign policy from the governing Progressive Party, the time has come for Iceland to consider whether the EEA and Schengen deals are working for them.
The new policy, adopted at the party’s national conference earlier this month, states the EEA agreement formed the basis for the state’s cooperation and positive relationship with the European Union as a whole.
It also claims Icelanders "should continue to seek cooperation with European nations, inside and outside the EU, on grounds of free and fair agreements and cooperation based on equality and mutual... read more
- 12:23 Plane goes missing after taking off with around 40 people on board
- 12:22 Pakistan flight crashes in north
- 12:20 Manchester United ace Marouane Fellaini blasts David Luiz for...
- 12:20 KH Hair boss honoured by Fellowship for British Hairdressing
- 12:19 Yorkshire Tea...isn't from Yorkshire?!
- 12:18 Shuttleworth's Year 7 student ambassadors taking charge
- 12:18 Swan rescued from Odeon cinema in Bolebridge Street, Tamworth
- 12:17 Chellaston police meeting at Bonnie Prince pub with free drinks up...
- 12:17 The Santa Tracker is back – and it’s even better than last year!
- 12:17 Britain needs Brexit transitional deal - insurance trade body
- 12:16 There's a new sheriff in town! Basketball legend Shaquille O'Neal...
- 12:15 Tata steel and unions to meet over deal to save thousands of jobs
- 12:15 New £5 notes engraved with Jane Austin worth £50,000 circulated in...
- 12:14 Cumbrian department store closed after power cut
- 12:13 Woman raped by fiance as she was having an epileptic seizure
- 12:12 Gas alert at Lancashire nuclear plant
- 12:12 New £5 notes engraved with Jane Austin worth £50,000 circulated in...
- 12:12 Poorly Hartlepool baby’s plight inspires big fundraising drive
- 12:12 Help by the trolley load for Hartlepool Foodbank
- 12:11 Steve Ross: Big data still needs the human touch
- 12:11 Pep Guardiola’s next generation: The dream team of Manchester City...
- 12:11 Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish gives Alan Pardew vote of...
- 12:11 India unexpectedly keeps rates unchanged even as cash crunch roils...
- 12:11 Angel Di Maria booed at every touch by furious PSG fans and rated...
- 12:11 Police to wear body-worn cameras
- 12:10 British and Irish Lions coaches revealed: Warren Gatland confirms...
- 12:10 Air Force One - why is it so expensive?
- 12:11 Tournament of a lifetime for football-mad boy
- 12:10 Santa’s real life little helper
- 12:10 Adventurer set for challenge in Antarctica after climbing Nepal’s...