IBM sees tipping point at hand for industrial Internet
Plugging computer sensors into factories, cars, shops and offices to help them operate more smartly on the industrial Internet, or so-called Internet of Things (IoT), is moving beyond prototypes into the mass market, IBM said on Monday.
The computer services and software company, which has struggled with flagging growth in its traditional business in recent years, said its industrial Internet business has surged to 6,000 paying customers from 4,000 at the end of 2015.
The IoT, which gives many billions of machine parts the capability to send and receive data, is vital to IBM's turnaround as... read more
- 12:53 Police appeal after dogs found on busy A16
- 12:51 Tottenham still 10 years behind rivals Arsenal, says Martin Keown
- 12:51 CCTV PICTURES: Break in at Buxton Barbers
- 12:50 Costa may be quitting its Bangor High Street shop
- 12:50 Labour rallies around Corbyn after Copeland fallout
- 12:50 VOTE: Your favourite fillings for Pancake Day
- 12:50 Council delays decision on enforcing grave kerb rules
- 12:48 Jose Mourinho opens up on his Chelsea sacking: I thought it was big...
- 12:47 Inside story on award-winning cottage near Whitby
- 12:46 Leicester City target Roberto Mancini appears unfazed by potential...
- 12:46 VOTE: Your favourite fillings for Pancake Day
- 12:46 COLUMN: Digital world opens door to crime
- 12:46 Derbyshire still high risk area for bird flu
- 12:46 'I love the beard' Celtic-daft Jay Beatty enjoys superstar meeting...
- 12:45 Derbyshire still high risk area for bird flu
- 12:44 Son of football legend Pele locked up in Brazil as he fights drug...
- 12:44 Derbyshire still high risk area for bird flu
- 12:43 Tottenham v Stoke LIVE: All the action and reaction as it happens...
- 12:43 Amy McKenzie: Heartbroken relatives call killer driver's jail...
- 12:41 Extra patrols around Lenton to combat mobile phone thefts
- 12:41 Kim Jong-nam: VX dose was 'high and lethal'
- 12:40 Tottenham v Stoke: Full team news and line-ups confirmed
- 12:40 Red Bull launch RB13 ahead of 2017 F1 season
- 12:40 Liverpool front of the queue to sign wonderkid: Antonio Conte won't...
- 12:40 Graeme Souness urges Dele Alli to keep aggressive streak: 'He has a...
- 12:40 Jockey George Baker airlifted to hospital after St Moritz fall...
- 12:40 Leicester City should be forced to play without a manager after...
- 12:40 PSG star Adrien Rabiot puts Arsenal on alert by revealing he would...
- 12:40 Coventry Bees axed from 2017 SGB Premiership: Updates and reaction
- 12:40 Coventry Bees kicked out of 2017 British Speedway Premiership