'I won't pay fine for driving in bus lane on bank holiday' - Hull council worker
A Hull City Council worker is refusing to pay fine she has been given by her employers for driving in a bus lane on a bank holiday.
Kayleigh Elvin was driving back to her home in Kingswood after a day out in East Park on August 29 when cameras snapped her wheels encroaching in the bus lane along Holderness Road, near the old Tower Grange police station.
Miss Elvin, 25, said she was stunned to receive the letter fining her for the offence, as she had assumed that bus lanes would be free to drive in on a bank holiday, and only part of her car had been caught in the area.
More news: New £20m... read more
- 13:20 Are you listening Diego Costa? Chelsea star slams transfer to China
- 13:19 Who remembers enjoying a night out in this former favourite...
- 13:19 Green Party leader announces Amber Valley visit
- 13:19 Offshore wind farms power cost drops by 32% in five years, says report
- 13:19 PM to meet President Erdogan in Turkey
- 13:19 Reston now has its own defibrillator
- 13:19 Duns Probus members enjoy Buns Supper
- 13:18 Boilersuit Ball aims to raise vital funds for baby unit
- 13:18 'Mystery' of iconic Bettys building in Harrogate is solved!
- 13:18 Classic grub goes down a treat at St Francis Catholic Primary...
- 13:17 Kodi users targeted as the fight against piracy heats up
- 13:17 People are going nuts for this couple who look like EastEnders’...
- 13:17 Woman urges people to ‘murder all male babies’
- 13:16 Revealed: First look at £82m Coventry train station masterplan
- 13:16 Coventry Cathedral stands up for tolerance on Trump's inauguration
- 13:16 Coventry City fan takeover is 'doable', insists Sky Blue Trust
- 13:16 Head on collision near Banbury
- 13:15 No plans to close Dewsbury A&E department
- 13:15 Drink driver of 18-tonne HGV arrested near Wetherby after public...
- 13:15 Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick warns team-mates...
- 13:15 Man City forward Leroy Sane prepared for big leap forward
- 13:15 New weather warning for ice and freezing fog issued by Met Office
- 13:15 Police issue warning over telephone scam in Horncastle area
- 13:14 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger set for crunch talks following Burnley...
- 13:13 Chester Grosvenor Museum to hold 12th open art exhibition
- 13:13 Police hunt wanted man who has Blacon links
- 13:13 Trump loyalist has her hair SET ON FIRE during ugly clash with...
- 13:13 New Moldovan President rips down EU flag as he announces closer...
- 13:13 ISIS-obsessed teens facing terror charges almost QUADRUPLE in a...
- 13:13 David de Gea: This is what I want Manchester United to achieve this...