'I was made to sleep in cupboard and eat tobacco sandwich by Gayle Megill', says accuser
Sleep in a cupboard, eat a tobacco sandwich and stand for hours on the same spot are some of the things a man told a Derby trial he was forced to do as a child.
The man was giving evidence at the trial of Gayle Megill, who is accused of cruelty against two children. Her husband, Neil Megill, 48, is accused of failing to protect the children from her actions.
The couple, of Islay Road, Sinfin, are on trial at Derby Crown Court charged with the offences that allegedly happened at addresses in Sinfin, Allenton and Stenson Fields from 1991 to 2004. They deny all charges.
The witness, who is in... read more
- 14:53 Neighbours spoiler: Is Toadie going to LEAVE Ramsay Street amid...
- 14:52 Yemen says it captures senior al Qaeda leader
- 14:52 Rabbit sale ban across Lincolnshire to stop Easter impulse buying
- 14:52 Would you still vote to leave the EU?
- 14:52 Shameful Derbyshire uncle threatened to use blow torch on niece’s feet
- 14:51 Derbyshire bird-watching spot destroyed by 'vandals'
- 14:51 Wizard of Wishaw John Higgins begins title quest in China with...
- 14:50 Echo and signed strip featured among time capsule items at new...
- 14:48 Takeaway delivery driver robbed of cash and hit in the head in...
- 14:48 Reports of Coca-Cola cans contaminated by human waste...
- 14:48 22-storey Pall Mall tower APPROVED - and other things we learned...
- 14:48 Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo used to CRY when this happened
- 14:45 POLL: If the EU referendum was held again today, how would you vote?
- 14:45 White Rose Shopping Centre celebrates 20 years with birthday bonanza
- 14:45 Wall St. set to open slightly lower
- 14:45 Trump to sign order sweeping away Obama-era climate policies
- 14:45 The best Easter eggs for kids - choose from Cadbury, Marks and...
- 14:45 A year on, regal Suu Kyi struggles to move Myanmar on from conflict
- 14:45 Easter eggs perfect for adults - choose from Lindt, Cadbury,...
- 14:45 The best luxury Easter eggs from Lindt to Prestat, Waitrose and more
- 14:44 Musical treat with top brass talent
- 14:45 London-Paris business and tourism partnerships announced
- 14:44 Having a hoot with new statues
- 14:44 Boxer helps spread word
- 14:44 Standing together in remembrance
- 14:44 Shock as education chief passes away
- 14:44 Tributes pour in for much-loved councillor
- 14:44 Pooch Jack gives the gift of life
- 14:44 The road to the future...
- 14:44 Passenger ‘attacked by man with machete following row at...