'I was bedbound and breathless - then they put a mini computer in my heart': New device can help patients who are unresponsive to standard treatments
Around a million Britons have heart failure, where the heart is unable to pump blood properly around the body.
But a new type of device can help patients who don’t respond to standard treatments.
Retired hotelier Peter Jenkins, 79, from Locks Heath near Southampton, has benefited, as he tells SOPHIE GOODCHILD.
My hobby is yacht racing, so I’ve always been fit and active. But the stress of working long hours triggered type 1 diabetes which damaged my blood vessels.
This led to four heart attacks; the first in 1991, the last in May 2012.
The fourth time, my wife Pat, 69, found... read more
- 16:51 OAP dies in hospital after attack outside Ayrshire pub
- 16:51 Not again! A46 blocked both ways after ANOTHER crash at notorious...
- 16:51 In the courts of Lincolnshire
- 16:50 Irvine Vics boss Stevie Wilson: Seeing players suffer put smile...
- 16:50 Garstang Theatre Group all set for pantomime season
- 16:49 All Blacks train in local Cardiff park ahead of autumn...
- 16:49 Commuting by bike or public transport could make you deaf,...
- 16:48 Aston Martin accelerates to record profits as car sales surge and...
- 16:48 Sneak peak of The Lanterns at Chester Zoo ahead of opening night
- 16:48 Chancellor slammed by Argos boss for 'tinkering around the edges'...
- 16:48 Cumria pub burglar who left a fingerprint at crime scene jailed
- 16:48 Commuting by bike or public transport could make you deaf,...
- 16:48 Revealed: The so-called 'offensive material' a Liverpool FC had...
- 16:48 Rio Ferdinand blasts 'unprofessional' Manchester United FC display
- 16:47 UK workers facing no growth in earnings for the next 20 years
- 16:47 Apple slash iPhone X shipping dates down to one week
- 16:47 Commuting by bike or public transport could make you deaf,...
- 16:47 Garstang Theatre Group all set for pantomime season
- 16:46 Man, 33, dies following crash between five cars and HGV
- 16:45 Commuting by bike or public transport could make you deaf,...
- 16:45 Cancer patients forced to wait months extra for vital care
- 16:44 Paddington 2 rescued from Harvey Weinstein-founded studio
- 16:44 Shane Richie speaks out over future of EastEnders spin-off Redwater
- 16:44 Strictly Come Dancing vs The X Factor - who won this week's ratings?
- 16:44 EastEnders' Tamzin Outhwaite: I was shocked by gender pay gap
- 16:44 I'm A Celebrity: Amir Khan and Georgia Toffolo picked for first...
- 16:44 CCTV images released after SECOND Tamworth shop burglary
- 16:44 COLUMN: Girls will not always be girls
- 16:44 Morecambe Road School “a little island” surrounded by floodwater
- 16:43 Man Utd News: Stunning Griezmann claim, Rose swoop update, Mata...