'I was always proud to tell people that I was adopted and I still am now'
A YOUNG woman who was adopted by a Scunthorpe couple at the age of five has said how she is "proud" to tell people she was adopted.
Kennedy Hannan,18, was just five-years-old when she first met her adoptive parents, Sharon Hannan, 49, and John Hannan, at a foster home before a week later moving in with the couple.
Kennedy, who was in care with her two younger siblings, said: "It wasn't that much of a change from going from foster care into being in your own place. I was aware it was permanent, going from sharing a bedroom with your sister to having a bedroom of your own and... read more
- 07:08 Liverpool legend: Jurgen Klopp must make this tactical change at...
- 07:08 Talksport presenter: I heard this Man United transfer will happen
- 07:07 Woman survives chip pan blaze in Sheffield
- 07:07 Virgil van Dijk injury update: Southampton boss admits star man...
- 07:07 South Yorkshire Police search for missing man
- 07:07 Yellow warning for fog in Derby as Met Office cautions driving...
- 07:07 Breaking news: Burst water main on busy Derby road
- 07:05 Campaign to attract more teachers to Northamptonshire
- 07:04 Man United Transfer News: Chelsea to gazump £38m deal, winger...
- 07:02 Why much loved tree could be set for reprieve after all
- 06:58 Live: Breaking news from Liverpool and Merseyside Tuesday January 24
- 06:58 Stan Wawrinka storms into Australian Open semi-finals after fiery...
- 06:57 Edgar House in Chester named Europe's most romantic hotel
- 06:55 Transfer News: Hart to Chelsea, Man Utd deal sanctioned, shock...
- 06:54 Horse riders say they’re dicing with death because of speeding drivers
- 06:54 Union claims South Tyneside schools face £4million-plus funding...
- 06:54 Motorists react with anger to advertising sign
- 06:53 Council planning notices
- 06:53 Woman pulled from house blaze in Northumberland
- 06:53 Tottenham eye international star... his agent was in London for talks
- 06:52 Update: Driver in 'serious condition' in hospital after crash on A50
- 06:50 Liverpool open talks with highly-rated playmaker: Jurgen Klopp's a...
- 06:50 Drink-driver claimed driving instructor told her she could have...
- 06:48 SAP nudges up multi-year outlook after posting in-line 2016 results
- 06:48 Flights cancelled at Heathrow for second day amid fog
- 06:45 Liam Kennedy’s match analysis: Wintery gloom lifted at the Vic as...
- 06:45 Leader comment: No books not necessarily bad
- 06:45 Paris Gourtsoyannis: 200 years on, and still seeking truth
- 06:45 Leader comment: May’s industrial strategy offers little fresh hope
- 06:43 It is time to find out where MSPs stand over government cuts