'I still have difficult days': Katie Piper reveals ongoing struggle with PTSD years after horrific acid attack as she and Frankie Bridge tell all about their anxiety and depression battles
She was left scarred and blind in one eye, after her ex-boyfriend arranged for an accomplice to throw sulphuric acid in her face in 2008.
And almost a decade later, Katie Piper has revealed that she still suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder, though she's now learned how to manage the triggers.
The 34-year-old philanthropist made the revelation in Women's Health magazine's Strong Mind Issue, in which she features alongside a host of successful women, including Frankie Bridge, who herself opens up about her battle with depression.
Scroll down for video
Pregnant Katie, who is set to... read more
- 20:13 Manchester United prepare £40m bid for Raphael Varane to solve...
- 20:10 How do companies use my loyalty card data?
- 20:10 Liverpool star Emre Can explains Bayern Munich transfer decision...
- 20:10 Shoreham air crash: Pilot Andy Hill to be charged over deaths
- 20:09 Burton man in a critical condition after A38 crash near Fradley
- 20:05 Prepare for more extreme weather: Storms like the 'Beast from the...
- 20:05 Thought deleting your Facebook was enough? Firm and its advertisers...
- 20:02 Bargain Booze owner Conviviality must raise £125m to halt bankruptcy
- 19:58 Council gets tough on Priory Square
- 19:55 Liverpool legend Phil Thompson makes ‘pushover’ claim about Mohamed...
- 19:54 Memorial to victims of London terror attacks on anniversary
- 19:54 May told to fix fishing plans or rebels will sink Brexit deal
- 19:53 Son of former Coventry City star opens up about his grief following...
- 19:53 'Dead certs' - Experts covering Coventry City's promotion rivals...
- 19:52 Genetic profiling could breed cattle resistant to tuberculosis
- 19:51 Boris likens Russia World Cup to Hitler's Berlin Olympics
- 19:49 Long haul operator to land at Doncaster Sheffield Airport
- 19:48 'We made mistakes' - Facebook's Zuckerberg
- 19:46 Scammers target Cumbria homeowners
- 19:44 Scammers target Cumbria homeowners
- 19:42 Indoor bouldering wall to open in Ellesmere Port this summer
- 19:39 Liverpool, Arsenal and Man City prepare transfer battle for Real...
- 19:39 Paul Pogba next club odds: La Liga, Serie A sides among favourites...
- 19:36 Lack of US election auditing raises fears of Russian vote meddling...
- 19:36 EU leaders accused of not protecting citizens’ rights in Brexit deal
- 19:33 Scottish nurses have had to donate sanitary products to patients
- 19:33 Dundee council’s failures ‘allowed’ worker to embezzle £1 million
- 19:33 The Steve Bruce transfers - every Aston Villa transfer deal rated...
- 19:33 'Give him the job!' Birmingham City fans are all saying the same...
- 19:33 Nicolas Sarkozy: French police free ex-president after questioning