I rejected Manchester United AND Arsenal to sign for Chelsea, reveals Emmanuel Petit
Emmanuel Petit has revealed he rejected the chance to rejoin Arsenal in 2002 after speaking with Arsene Wenger about a sensational return.
The Frenchman spent three years at Arsenal and won the double with the Gunners in 1998.
The 46-year-old left Highbury for the Nou Camp in 2000 but was desperate to leave Barcelona after two disappointing years in Spain.
Wenger was a huge admirer of the midfielder and spoke with Petit about a return to north London but the Frenchman’s revealed he rejected the Gunners and Manchester United to join Chelsea.
‘Sir Alex Ferguson called me twice, Arsène called... read more
- 13:45 The key to a long life isn’t money or genetics – it’s...
- 13:45 Tigers player “assisting police”, club confirms
- 13:44 Brexit Bill: David Davis hopeful of late deal with Holyrood
- 13:44 Students ‘shouted “My turn, my turn” as they gang-raped drunk girl...
- 13:44 ‘Skynet’ AI could launch nuclear apocalypse which will wipe out...
- 13:44 Chorley Costcutter turns a corner with new four-star food hygiene...
- 13:43 Go off air! Go Compare's Bill Monster advert can only be shown at...
- 13:42 World of Sport Wrestling to return to British TV screens
- 13:40 PMQs sketch: Fuming Yvette Cooper takes May to task over Windrush...
- 13:40 Plea to find thugs who shot a goose through the head with a crossbow
- 13:40 Arsene Wenger hints he was SACKED by Arsenal in mega revelation
- 13:40 Bomb squad drama: Police deny fire was rigged to hide removal of...
- 13:37 Jeremy Corbyn calls for Amber Rudd to resign over Windrush scandal
- 13:37 Arsene Wenger reveals timing of his exit after 22 years at Arsenal...
- 13:36 Ramsbottom schoolgirl wins national table tennis title
- 13:36 Do you know where missing boy from Wellingborough is?
- 13:35 Mum furious after pub tells her to 'control children or leave'
- 13:35 Man paid someone £500 to split his tongue in two
- 13:34 Mill Fields builds on its sales team with new hire
- 13:33 Man Utd star Alexis Sanchez takes stunning swipe at Arsenal
- 13:32 Prince William just dropped a huge hint over the royal baby name
- 13:32 Man fined for filming dog giving Nazi salutes launches fundraiser...
- 13:32 Viagogo to be taken to court after failing to follow rules to...
- 13:32 Cheeki Rafiki yacht operator cleared over sailor deaths
- 13:32 The Leeds garden which is good for mind, body and soil
- 13:31 IN PICTURES: Another memorable day for Bridlington Lifeboat
- 13:31 Sizzling week-long heatwave set to return to UK again, say forecasters
- 13:31 Tigers player “assisting police”, club confirms
- 13:30 Harvey strikes gold at swimming finals
- 13:28 Ant McPartlin ‘won’t be back till next year’ - Stephen Mulhern