I'm an ex-civil servant who was 'contracted out' - can I pay a top-up to get full new state pension? Steve Webb replies
I am due to receive my state pension in May 2017. I have been given a pension forecast of £121.89 per week, around £34 less than the new state pension.
I worked for the Civil Service for over 37 years and as a consequence my National Insurance status was contracted out for many years.
As I had no option but to pay contracted out NI contributions at the time, should I have the option of paying the difference between what I actually paid and the higher contracted-in amount?
I do believe the Government, which chose to change the rules retrospectively, should at least give me the opportunity to... read more
- 13:56 Top 10 most complained about adverts of 2016
- 13:56 Gainsborough man who stole £978 in cash dodges jail sentence
- 13:55 Pokemon Go NEWS: Next BIG Niantic event update will SURPRISE you
- 13:55 Man in court accused of attempted murder of police officer
- 13:55 Sunderland have fewest goalscorers in Europe's top five leagues...
- 13:54 US STOCKS-Wall St set to rise ahead of Trump inauguration
- 13:54 Festive period busiest on record for region’s NHS
- 13:53 We tried masturbating at work for a week and this is what happened
- 13:53 Arsenal legend Ian Wright drops Chelsea transfer bombshell
- 13:53 Antonio Conte provides huge update on Chelsea striker Diego Costa
- 13:53 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte confirms transfer bid
- 13:53 Koeman's message for Everton FC ahead of Palace trip
- 13:52 Man with colossal half-a-metre penis that reaches his knee insists...
- 13:52 Roll on spring, say frustrated Preston drivers
- 13:50 Arrests made over theft of South Yorkshire band's van, instruments...
- 13:50 Liverpool set to welcome back Jordan Henderson and Nathaniel Clyne...
- 13:49 Barrow man jailed for drug supply role
- 13:49 Scarlett Moffatt hits back at critics after fans BEG her not to...
- 13:49 Dimitri Payet twist: West Ham considering taking action against...
- 13:49 This is how to get rid of bad breath - according to top dentists
- 13:49 Philippe Coutinho opens up on Jurgen Klopp's training ground...
- 13:49 Birmingham City manager Gianfranco Zola delighted at Cheick Keita...
- 13:49 Probe at Blackpool school after pupil goes missing
- 13:49 Aston Villa transfer news: Steve Bruce switches to alternative...
- 13:49 Thanks for f*** all! Man Utd fans say goodbye to Memphis Depay on...
- 13:49 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte gives major update on Diego Costa future
- 13:48 BT slams customers with price hikes: New fee of £3.50 a month for...
- 13:48 Tamworth, Atherstone and Coleshill could be affected by train strikes
- 13:48 Manchester United could sell more players in January transfer window
- 13:47 REVEALED: Nottinghamshire schools GCSE performance tables