'I know the heartache cancer brings' — mum fundraises to destroy disease which hit her family twice
A young mum whose father’s cancer battle inspired a major fundraising effort has been hit by the killer disease for a second time.
Kerry Gate, 33, from Newcastle tragically lost her beloved dad, Donald, to cancer in 2014.
And she was still reeling from the loss when heavily pregnant Kerry was told her husband, Adrian, was suffering from sarcoma, a rare soft tissue cancer.
It was a year to the day of her father’s death that Kerry had to watch her husband go into hospital for potentially life-saving surgery.
She said: “Things are looking up now, but it was a pretty bleak time. My husband... read more
- 14:06 How to maintain your lawn this summer
- 14:05 Is it safe to visit Texas? Travel alert issued after new law passed...
- 14:05 Detectives yet to reveal if woman found dead in Huddersfield home...
- 14:05 Expect Rangers transfer movement in next few days with Bruno Alves...
- 14:05 Stunning aerial photos celebrating Britain's once-great maritime...
- 14:04 Your pig-ugly pugs and grotesque guinea pigs could be TV stars
- 14:04 New Derbyshire food stores open in £1.6m investment
- 14:04 Seaside trip to support holiday centre
- 14:03 Your pig-ugly pugs and grotesque guinea pigs could be TV stars
- 14:03 Shocking footage ‘shows British man crashing into oncoming traffic...
- 14:03 This AI will tell you if will split up with your partner in just...
- 14:03 Two-child cap for tax credits ‘borders on eugenics’
- 14:03 Baywatch movie: Alexandra Daddario’s BOOBS distract Zac Efron in...
- 14:03 Manchester station to reopen one week after devastating terror attack
- 14:03 For Honor NEWS: Huge new Ubisoft update to fix game's BIGGEST problem
- 14:02 Amanda Holden ‘really hopes’ people complain to Ofcom about her...
- 14:01 Parents' heartache after 'kind and well-mannered' son, 10, dies...
- 14:01 Atletico Madrid eyeing Chelsea double raid in stunning summer...
- 14:01 Huddersfield v Reading: LIVE Championship play-off final updates...
- 14:01 Police investigate death of man whose body was found in park lake
- 14:00 Gossip: Is Mourinho Inter Croatian winger?
- 14:00 How Sunderland’s new group could support your small business
- 13:59 Iran-backed Iraqi force says takes IS villages on Syria border
- 13:59 Hardliner Raisi claims voter fraud in Iranian presidential election
- 13:59 Move to Everton FC has put a smile back on Morgan Schneiderlin's face
- 13:58 Quiz: How epic was your bank holiday weekend?
- 13:58 Three-year-old Zuri-Sanaa is swiftly becoming a fashion icon all on...
- 13:57 What Rihanna’s been eating isn’t your concern and neither is...
- 13:57 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in Northumberland
- 13:57 Are UK pollsters headed for another embarrassing election?