I know Scotland fans want home boys before Anglos but I have to make the big calls says Gordon Strachan
He was probably the only man inside Hampden Park who would have picked Thursday night’s starting XI.
Without question he was the only one who would have made the substitutions which pushed the restless natives to the brink but which ended up shoving Scotland three points closer to the next World Cup Finals.
With so much on the line had it gone wrong then Gordon Strachan might well have been chased down Aikenhead Road by 50,000 angry men in skirts.
But then being Scotland’s manager has never been about popularity contests for the man who stands on the brink of two-game eliminator for a place... read more
- 13:42 Óscar Tabárez: unbowed by illness and adding beauty to Uruguay’s grit
- 13:41 Blood-sucking flies to toxic caterpillars: the insects set to swarm...
- 13:41 'Near miss' road incident sees Ashby farm's illegal business...
- 13:39 Edible coating allows avocados to stay ripe for twice as long
- 13:39 Government will review ban on cannabis for medicinal use
- 13:39 Paul Williams MP: ‘We need to transfer power from hospitals to GPs’
- 13:38 Medicinal cannabis use to be reviewed by government
- 13:38 'County will rise above gloomy predictions'
- 13:38 Subway aims for 75 new outlets in North West
- 13:37 Linton Bridge reopens to traffic after closurer
- 13:36 Siblings in six-month challenge after dad's cancer diagnosis
- 13:35 Wave of support for school's ban on parents wearing pyjamas
- 13:35 Super League side Hull Kingston Rovers team up with Coventry Bears
- 13:35 Former Coventry City goalkeeper signs up at League One rivals
- 13:35 When are Coventry City's 2018-19 League One fixtures announced?
- 13:35 When does the transfer window close in summer 2018 - all you need...
- 13:32 Mum accused of biting woman's finger off in garden fight says trial...
- 13:32 Secret to happiness is to live in a big city like London or New York
- 13:31 Burton Albion's record on the opening day as EFL fixture release...
- 13:30 'Commie cadet' who wore Che Guevara T-shirt kicked out of US army
- 13:29 Green giant: can Glasgow's new School of Art eclipse Mackintosh's...
- 13:27 Daunting start for Hoppers in National League
- 13:27 Leeds ‘UFO’ likened to Death Star makes national headlines
- 13:26 The UK could legalise medicinal cannabis after major government review
- 13:26 Roofer Ashley Wilkes jailed for killing much-loved dad Christopher...
- 13:25 Tributes to 'lovely' 21-year-old whose death sparked police murder...
- 13:22 Man attacked pregnant girlfriend with Samurai sword because she...
- 13:22 Digital marketing agency sees 50% revenue jump after run of client...
- 13:22 Collision involving lorry and a car near St Peter's Bridge
- 13:21 Nabil Fekir to Liverpool: Sky Sports pundit claims Lyon transfer...