'I immediately felt a sense of calm...'
AFTER her mum experienced a "haven" of support and help at her local Maggie's Cancer Support Centre, Jayne Clarke is backing the Maggie's Oldham fundraising campaign.
Jayne, principal at Oldham Sixth Form College, is eager to raise awareness and promote the charity after her mum, Chris Nuttall, experienced first-rate support at her local centre when she was diagnosed with mouth cancer and underwent major surgery.
Chris, a retired headteacher, was initially diagnosed with the disease six years ago, but has sadly more recently been told the disease has returned and is now... read more
- 10:18 Council to take on new framework for construction and highways...
- 10:18 Are Wiganers responsible for doorman's injuries?
- 10:18 Fairground worker given longer prison term for child abuse
- 10:17 Horton Treatment Centre to host recruitment drive
- 10:16 Real Madrid ace Cristiano Ronaldo holds meeting with Florentino...
- 10:15 Lewis Hamilton to 'take a knee' during national anthem at US Grand...
- 10:15 Chelsea news: Radja Nainggolan hints at future Blues transfer after...
- 10:15 Liverpool news: Coach reveals Sadio Mane injury boost, Chelsea...
- 10:15 Justin Thomas makes lightning start in CJ Cup @ Nine Bridges with...
- 10:15 Tom Jones: Abuse and harassment 'common' in music industry as well...
- 10:15 Lindsay Logan says she was abused by ex-fiancée
- 10:15 Man in court over Lancaster Uni laptop thefts
- 10:15 Selfie-taking chocolate bunnies are coming this Easter
- 10:15 Man stabbed in neck in Tamworth
- 10:15 Updates: Industrial estate sealed off after man stabbed in neck
- 10:15 Teenage striker having trial at West Brom, manager confirms
- 10:14 Chamber music: Marvellous Mozart - Stephen Joseph Theatre
- 10:14 Booze-fuelled thug attacked partner before trying to strangle...
- 10:14 Royal Albert Drive car stunt costs taxpayers £52,000
- 10:14 MP pushes for better coverage from mobile phone operators
- 10:12 Boarded up town centre house could be bulldozed to make way for flats
- 10:12 Malta journalist Daphne Galizia's sons reject million euro reward
- 10:12 Revealed: Opening date for Caffè Nero in Louth
- 10:11 Mytholmroyd man awarded for community work after Boxing Day floods
- 10:11 Parking Eye withdraws from Worksop’s Priory Shopping Centre
- 10:10 Carnage as millionaire's daughter kills six after ramming into...
- 10:10 Mytholmroyd man awarded for community work after Boxing Day floods
- 10:09 Fly-tipping costs taxpayers £58m in clean-up costs
- 10:09 Parking Eye withdraws from Worksop’s Priory Shopping Centre
- 10:08 Brewers Talk: is the time now for Burton Albion's first away win of...