'I felt so small': Maria Sharapova breaks her silence on THAT drug scandal that almost destroyed tennis career... as she reveals rival Serena Williams makes her feel 'like a little girl'
Her tennis career was almost derailed after she gravely announced that she had failed a test for the newly banned drug meldonium during the Australian Open.
And Maria Sharapova, 30, has finally broken her silence on the controversy, as she admitted she felt 'so small' and just wanted to be treated like a 'normal human being.'
Speaking to Net-A-Porter's digital magazine THE EDIT, the Russian tennis ace added that facing up to her sporting rival Serena Williams made her feel like a 'little girl'.
Scroll down for video
Maria's career hung in the balance last March, after she took a routine... read more
- 13:09 Sir Desmond Swayne 'embarrassed' by Commons snooze
- 13:09 MP raises issue of poor patient transport services
- 13:09 Quiz: How much of a Stormzy fan are you?
- 13:09 NHS 'haemorrhaging' nurses, experts say
- 13:09 Liverpool's Marko Grujic to join Cardiff on loan as Middlesbrough...
- 13:09 Floyd Mayweather rides a horse on the beach as boxing legend...
- 13:09 Businessman throws a lifeline to worried Carillion staff
- 13:09 Farewell to Ronaldinho, the first YouTube footballer: From...
- 13:08 Quiz: Could you pass Donald Trump's cognitive test?
- 13:08 Freedom of Hull given to city-born legendary actor Sir Tom Courtenay
- 13:07 More gales, rain and snow heading our way with Storm Georgina
- 13:07 Councillor to hear from constituents
- 13:07 Leeds United aim to rediscover their goal touch
- 13:07 Syrian refugees arrive in Leeds to be resettled across Yorkshire
- 13:07 MP raises issue of poor patient transport services
- 13:06 Alexis Sanchez Man Utd deal: Why Man City cooled interest in...
- 13:06 VIDEO: Watch gritters battling to keep North Yorkshire's highest...
- 13:06 Sharon inspires people to get out of debt
- 13:05 Man in hospital with serious injuries after being attacked in Runcorn
- 13:04 ‘Cynical’ decision by Derbyshire County Council to cut centre’s...
- 13:04 Former Facebook executive says the company is a 'living, breathing...
- 13:04 Businessman throws a lifeline to worried Carillion staff
- 13:04 East Midlands businesses invited to comment on Heathrow Airport...
- 13:04 Fears of an attack with weapons of mass destruction tops list of...
- 13:04 Road closed after man is seriously injured in collision with car
- 13:04 NHS 'haemorrhaging' nurses, experts say
- 13:03 Whisky distilleries on the rise in England and Wales
- 13:03 What is Tether? The only cryptocurrency RISING as bitcoin, Ripple...
- 13:03 Deepwater Horizon oil spill bill puts BP in deeper water
- 13:02 Pendle is fly-tipping hotspot