'I feel like the stigma of cancer will last me a lifetime': Survivors are forced to pay four times more for travel cover - here's how to save
The average cancer survivor pays an eye-watering £133 for a travel insurance policy if they have had a diagnosis in the past – nearly four times the average cost of £37.
And according to Macmillan's latest research, a fifth of survivors hand over more than £200 to enjoy a much-needed holiday after treatment.
Some will end up shelling out over 27 times more than those without a pre-existing condition, with an estimated 7,500 holidaymakers charged more than £1,000.
Even more unfairly, as many as 8,500 cancer survivors could in fact be turned away completely when trying to buy travel cover,... read more
- 12:13 Big Clean campaign continues to inspire tidier south Cumbria
- 12:13 Teen says charity abseil was no let down
- 12:13 Royal fuss kicked up over threats to beloved Bowness cinema
- 12:13 Scotland better represented in the Lords than other parts of the UK
- 12:13 'Catalogue of neglect' slammed by campaigners after second survey...
- 12:12 PNE add games at Cobh Ramblers and Oldham to their pre-season...
- 12:12 Intrepid Whitby wingwalker set to take on daredevil challenge in...
- 12:10 People of west Cumbria will be left with "second class service"...
- 12:10 Pop star Lee Brennan hosting Oasis-themed World Cup party in Carlisle
- 12:08 Saints 'ticking all the boxes' for prop star Franks
- 12:07 Police warn motorists: 'We'll be pulling YOU over if you drive this...
- 12:07 Sort it out! Council leader's plea to resolve hospital dispute
- 12:06 Women spends three years converting an old bus into a luxury...
- 12:05 Worksop man sentenced for role in organised theft of vans in three...
- 12:04 Tributes paid to RAC patrolman killed in collision on A617
- 12:03 Kia reveals third generation Ceed
- 12:03 Free travel on the Metrolink offered as part of Clean Air Day
- 12:02 REVIEW: Beautiful - The Carole King Story, Opera House, Blackpool
- 12:02 British Airways cancels 'incorrectly' cheap tickets
- 12:02 Protesters get on their bikes against fracking
- 12:02 Bithumb: Hackers 'rob crypto-exchange of $32m'
- 12:01 Amazon Alexa horrifies owner by declaring ‘Every time I close my...
- 12:01 Police appeal over missing nine-year-old Anita-May Davidson
- 12:01 Man, 45, stabbed in Finchley Park, Kingstanding - what neighbours...
- 12:00 Moving to the cloud makes good sense
- 12:00 Consultation launched into plans to expand Sheffield secondary...
- 12:00 World Cup beer shortage could hit Sheffield pubs and supermarkets
- 12:00 Sheffield cancer survivor praises “fabulous” NHS
- 11:59 World Cup beer shortage could hit Sheffield pubs and supermarkets
- 11:59 World Cup beer shortage could hit Doncaster pubs and supermarkets