I changed career to do mental health nursing but now I'm drowning
In my late twenties I decided to go back to university to study mental health nursing. I am now several months into my first position as a qualified nurse in an acute psychiatric hospital. There are days I question my decision and think: “What the hell have I done?” I sometimes feel trapped in a position I have worked so hard to achieve and I wonder if this is to be my life from now on.
Before I became a nurse I was a support worker looking after people with learning disabilities. I supported a service user who had physical and communication difficulties and she would fight, bite and scream... read more
- 12:55 Council wants partner to build new driving range in Bulwell
- 12:55 Villagers struggling to cope around railway station with no car park
- 12:55 Birmingham City: Paul Caddis has found himself a new club
- 12:54 Watch: Dramatic moment axeman is Tasered by cops outside Bullring
- 12:53 Police appeal after dogs found on busy A16
- 12:51 Tottenham still 10 years behind rivals Arsenal, says Martin Keown
- 12:51 CCTV PICTURES: Break in at Buxton Barbers
- 12:50 Costa may be quitting its Bangor High Street shop
- 12:50 Labour rallies around Corbyn after Copeland fallout
- 12:50 VOTE: Your favourite fillings for Pancake Day
- 12:50 Council delays decision on enforcing grave kerb rules
- 12:48 Jose Mourinho opens up on his Chelsea sacking: I thought it was big...
- 12:47 Inside story on award-winning cottage near Whitby
- 12:46 Leicester City target Roberto Mancini appears unfazed by potential...
- 12:46 VOTE: Your favourite fillings for Pancake Day
- 12:46 COLUMN: Digital world opens door to crime
- 12:46 Derbyshire still high risk area for bird flu
- 12:46 'I love the beard' Celtic-daft Jay Beatty enjoys superstar meeting...
- 12:45 Derbyshire still high risk area for bird flu
- 12:44 Son of football legend Pele locked up in Brazil as he fights drug...
- 12:44 Derbyshire still high risk area for bird flu
- 12:43 Tottenham v Stoke LIVE: All the action and reaction as it happens...
- 12:43 Amy McKenzie: Heartbroken relatives call killer driver's jail...
- 12:41 Extra patrols around Lenton to combat mobile phone thefts
- 12:41 Kim Jong-nam: VX dose was 'high and lethal'
- 12:40 Tottenham v Stoke: Full team news and line-ups confirmed
- 12:40 Red Bull launch RB13 ahead of 2017 F1 season
- 12:40 Liverpool front of the queue to sign wonderkid: Antonio Conte won't...
- 12:40 Graeme Souness urges Dele Alli to keep aggressive streak: 'He has a...
- 12:40 Jockey George Baker airlifted to hospital after St Moritz fall...