I can’t believe it’s not cheaper: Marmite row ‘could signal spiral of price rises’
There are fears that Tesco’s decision to pull Unilever’s goods from its shelves could trigger a series of further price rises.
The supermarket giant removed products such as Marmite from its website in a pricing row which has been caused by the plunging value of the pound following the vote in favour of Brexit.
Unilever is believed to have demanded a 10 per cent price rise on some household items due to the falling value of sterling, halting deliveries to Tesco when it refused.
The dispute between Tesco and one of the world’s biggest consumer goods companies means popular products such as... read more
- 00:17 One fifth of UK shoppers fear Brexit may impact spending - PwC survey
- 00:17 How Peter Thiel’s company Palantir was built with CIA funding and...
- 00:17 Chimps DON'T follow the leader: Researchers find they are more...
- 00:17 Mundell: Tax rise will drive away immigration from Scotland
- 00:17 Tories back plans for new nuclear power plants in Scotland
- 00:12 Do YOU know who your rivals in the office are? Experts find most of...
- 00:12 Google taking on Uber with 'carpool' service using its Waze app
- 00:12 Hackers can steal your information simply by analyzing the LED...
- 00:12 On the 20th anniversary of Dolly's birth, researchers reveal they...
- 00:11 Banks' bond trading up in 2016 for first time since 2012 after...
- 00:06 All-important antidote to mindless Hollywood pulp
- 00:06 Time to mothball divas’ swansong opera
- 00:07 Paige Doherty's family start #NoJusticeForPaige campaign and call...
- 00:06 The veins Nafta opened in Mexico
- 00:06 Hamilton rallies against ‘outdated’ Formula One
- 00:06 Gymnastics doc accused of sex crimes
- 00:06 Laidlaw out: A massive loss
- 00:06 Tata must honour its pledge to steel workers
- 00:06 A man at the heart of battles that shaped countless lives
- 00:06 ‘Fortress Australia’ – Government seeks Trump-like powers against...
- 00:07 Not tonight, I really DO have a headache: One in 100 suffer 'coital...
- 00:07 HS2 work to start after final hurdle cleared
- 00:06 Corbyn is no whipping boy
- 00:06 Ecuador: Presidential election goes to run-off
- 00:06 Turkey: Pro-Kurdish party leader jailed for five months
- 00:06 United States: Jewish centres targeted by bomb threats
- 00:06 May under pressure from own side over Dubs plan
- 00:06 Unison fights challenge to rerun election
- 00:06 New Met chief Dick ran op which killed Menezes
- 00:04 Henrikh Mkhitaryan speaks out on injury: Man United star 'happy and...