I braved the scalpel facial which blades off the top layer of your skin
So, I popped down to Dr. David Jack’s on Harley Street for his terrifying scalpel facial, aka, the Egyptian facial.
It involves lifting the skin with an acid peel and then blading off the top layer – hair and all – with a tiny, but very sharp, scalpel.
It sounds like the stuff of nightmares (well, it is nearly Halloween) – but it’s far less dramatic than it sounds.
It’s actually an ancient Egyptian technique – no doubt adored by the likes of Cleopatra – which Dr Jack decided to reintroduce into his private clinic.
The Egyptians used curdled goat’s milk (BC’s equivalent to lactic acid)... read more
- 10:33 Burton Albion not finding their Championship quality at right...
- 10:33 Former hotel and lapdancing club building in Leeds sells for £1.9m...
- 10:33 Reunions with old school pals prompted new edition of Anton...
- 10:32 Jordana up for top award
- 10:32 'Bunny boiler' and Nazi jibe councillor slams 'kangaroo court'...
- 10:32 TV chef Nigella Lawson coming to Meadowhall this week - and here's...
- 10:32 College helps to transform lives across South Yorkshire
- 10:31 College helps to transform lives across South Yorkshire
- 10:31 Live: Man charged after bowling alley siege due in court
- 10:30 Man injured in 'multiple-car' collision on M42 near Tamworth
- 10:30 Tamworth FC: Andy Morrell's team plans for Hednesford
- 10:30 Victory for hospital petition
- 10:30 When is the Carabao Cup quarter-final draw?
- 10:30 Commuter misery as water pipe repairs spark traffic delays in...
- 10:29 TV chef Nigella Lawson coming to Meadowhall this week - and here's...
- 10:29 College helps to transform lives across South Yorkshire
- 10:28 BrightHouse to pay £14.8m in compensation and refunds for...
- 10:28 Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho tore into players and flung...
- 10:28 Tottenham striker Harry Kane given advice from Diego Maradona...
- 10:28 West Ham lining up Julian Nagelsmann as option to replace Slaven...
- 10:28 College helps to transform lives across South Yorkshire
- 10:28 16 essential non-food items your local foodbank needs this Christmas
- 10:27 Victorian painting of Warwick to go to auction
- 10:27 My tattoos do not give you permission to touch me
- 10:27 Rutland County councillor steps down from Cabinet committee
- 10:27 Sheffield United fans due in court over violence
- 10:27 Host of Hallowe’en themed events for Half Term
- 10:26 PICTURES & VIDEO: Whaley Bridge's newest pub opens its doors
- 10:26 Tot almost killed when she is dragged inside faulty tumble dryer
- 10:26 Caroline Wozniacki reignites feud by hitting out at Maria...