Hydrotherapy for dogs and acupuncture for cats: Cost of insurance shoots up 9% to cover posh pet therapies
Pet insurance policies are evolving and 96 per cent now cover alternative therapies as standard such as acupuncture and hydrotherapy - but this is also driving up prices.
Since January 2014 there has been a 28 per cent rise in the number of products on the market and a 32 per cent rise in those offering alternative therapies.
Insurers have also increased the amount they'll pay out for these treatments, from an average of £1,636 per year in 2014 to £1,722 in 2016, according to new research.
But as these therapies are more expensive than standard treatments, insurers have also pushed up the... read more
- 00:00 Another corporate attack is looming
- 00:00 Labour members should be free to criticise Israel
- 00:00 Time for claimants’ voices to be heard nationally
- 00:00 Unite against neoliberalism
- 00:00 Ukraine: Polish consulate ‘attacked by terrorists’
- 00:00 EU leaders left bitter by Brexit ‘divorce’
- 00:00 South Africa: Zuma stays away from Kathrada’s funeral
- 00:00 Hospital workers to strike over zero-hours
- 00:00 40% cuts to legal aid have reduced system to ‘carnage’
- 00:00 NHS activists protest in York against health cut
- 23:59 'A leg-breaker', a headbutt, four sent off and Hibs boss Neil...
- 23:53 Mary Berry’s new ‘home happiness’ book will reveal her top secret...
- 23:52 Star Wars Battlefront 2 2017 UPDATE: New trailer announcement from EA
- 23:50 Turkey ends Euphrates Shield military campaign in Syria
- 23:46 Everton shouldn't blame James McCarthy for injury setback, insists...
- 23:46 Rangers have agreed £350,000 deal for Billy Gilmour with Chelsea if...
- 23:46 PFA Scotland chairman John Rankin warns Scottish football’s...
- 23:44 Neil Lennon accuses Morton player of trying to break Hibs star's...
- 23:41 Road too small for houses
- 23:41 “I get 250 smiles a day and it’s great”
- 23:41 Slimmer gets invitation to Parliament
- 23:39 US state department employee 'concealed contacts with China'
- 23:37 Chelsea agree £350,000 deal for Rangers wonderkid Billy Gilmour
- 23:35 Sportsmail catches up with Glasgow stars Stuart Hogg, Finn Russell...
- 23:34 Emmerdale star Adam Thomas ‘quits the soap after eight years’
- 23:32 NHS England consulting on taking away certain free medicines to...
- 23:31 Council hopes Kettering street will re-open soon as work on...
- 23:29 Trump administration pursuing sale of F-16's to Bahrain - source
- 23:27 Double Man United contract extension: Real Madrid target David De...
- 23:24 BREAKING: Donald Trump 'to sell F-16 aircrafts to Bahrain despite...