Hybrid vehicle company expands Leicestershire office
A company that designs technology to harness the power of braking vehicles has committed to the UK with bigger facilities at MIRA Technology Park.
US research and manufacturing company Lightning Hybrids International (LHI) opened its first UK base at the technology park near Hinckley last March – joining the likes of Bosch, Haldex, Aston Martin and Continental.
It has now taken a bigger facility on the motor research site's newly opened North West 3 building.
LHI manufacturers hydraulic hybrid technology for collecting brake power called the Energy Recovery System (ERS).
It can be used in... read more
- 09:40 Net migration falls 84,000 in 2016
- 09:40 Chelsea line-up predicted: Antonio Conte faces dilemma ahead of...
- 09:40 Donald Trump to have shaky meeting with EU in ‘hellhole’ Brussels
- 09:39 National minute's silence to remember Manchester Arena attack victims
- 09:39 Bradley Lowery 'doesn't have long left to live', heartbroken family...
- 09:39 Star Wars Last Jedi: Supreme Leader Snoke SHOCK news as his part in...
- 09:39 Pokemon Go Rock-type event end time: LAST CHANCE to catch Adventure...
- 09:39 Have Nottingham researchers found new treatment for diabetes patients?
- 09:38 Tate & Lyle profit jumps on weak sterling
- 09:38 Fighting corruption, Ukraine starts to judge its judges
- 09:38 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 09:37 Theresa May accused police of ‘scaremongering’ over spending cuts
- 09:37 Pigeon gets tiny backpack to smuggle drugs
- 09:37 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 09:37 Neighbour from hell repeatedly played Stayin’ Alive and Sweet Dreams
- 09:37 'I will honour those lost by living each day full of joy' Ariana...
- 09:37 Council investment campaign puts PR firm on awards list
- 09:35 Extra trains from West Yorkshire to London for Huddersfield Town fans
- 09:35 National minute's silence to remember Manchester Arena attack victims
- 09:35 Manchester terror attack: Further arrests made this morning
- 09:34 Rio Ferdinand believes Wayne Rooney and Michael Carrick could stay...
- 09:33 Minute's silence at Chesterfield Town Hall to remember Manchester...
- 09:33 National minute's silence to remember Manchester Arena attack victims
- 09:33 Petition launched to improve security at Sunderland children’s...
- 09:33 Burglar gets suspended prison sentence after breaking into ex’s home
- 09:33 Bradley Lowery's family reveal youngster's cancer is spreading 'at...
- 09:32 Hong Kong stocks at fresh 22-month high despite Moody's downgrade
- 09:32 Young Walter Scott prize for budding novelists
- 09:32 Eyemouth’s popular Kirk Square Kitchen returns
- 09:32 Traquair House hosts magical medieval fayre