Hurricane Matthew is the ‘most dangerous storm in living memory’
Hundreds of people have been killed and entire towns flooded as Hurricane Matthew continues to batter parts of the USA.
The storm, which has been described as the most dangerous in living memory, has triggered mass evacuations across most of the east coast.
Hurricane Matthew hit the already devastated Caribbean island of Haiti on Tuesday, where the death toll has now reached almost 900.
Tens of thousands of people have also been left homeless on the island.
Disney World closes for the first time in 11 years as Hurricane Matthew batters Florida The Category 2 hurricane has since made... read more
- 13:44 Morningside tops Edinburgh happiness league
- 13:44 Siemens pledges commitment to post-Brexit UK
- 13:44 Oil slips towards $50 on doubts over duration of output cut
- 13:43 New-look chalets arrive for summer
- 13:43 The new 12-sided pound coin hits the shops on Tuesday and here's...
- 13:43 Just ONE injection of stem cells from a man's stomach could be a...
- 13:43 Yorkshire weather: Cloudy skies bring an end to our all-too-brief...
- 13:43 Man helped fearsome blackmailer stay on the run from police
- 13:43 Teen sustains horrific facial injuries after being jumped at...
- 13:43 EastEnders, Corrie, Emmerdale and Hollyoaks: 10 reasons this is the...
- 13:43 Linda Nolan is diagnosed with ‘incurable’ cancer as sister Coleen...
- 13:43 Residents assured rubbish dumped on Holme Lane will be cleared up
- 13:42 Brexit: Theresa May promises to build a ‘more united nation’
- 13:42 Search on for best talent in Daventry
- 13:42 Fun and flavour at Althorp Food and Drink Festival
- 13:42 What’s up choc? Warning as bunny falls ill from scoffing sweet treat
- 13:41 Atletico Madrid team-mate opens up on Antoine Griezmann to Man...
- 13:41 Liverpool clear favourites to beat Chelsea and Man United to Real...
- 13:41 Little Mix star Leigh-Anne Pinnock jumps into boyfriend Andre...
- 13:41 Coastguard paged to rescue dog
- 13:41 Drone that flies WITHOUT a human pilot has been given permission to...
- 13:41 Just ONE injection of stem cells from a man's stomach could be a...
- 13:41 Syria's Raqqa expected to join Kurdish-led federalism - Kurdish leader
- 13:40 Police 'concerned' over missing Scarborough teen
- 13:40 Millions of energy customers could roll back bills to 2008 prices
- 13:40 Soon babies could get 5 in 1 vaccination from birth
- 13:39 Yorkshire weather: Cloudy skies bring an end to our all-too-brief...
- 13:39 Video: Could you be the right person to help monitor cells at West...
- 13:39 Come and have a dance at the ceilidh
- 13:39 Mum’s the Word