Hurricane Matthew crashes into Haiti with 145mph winds
Hurricane Matthew has roared across the south-western tip of Haiti with 145mph winds, uprooting trees and tearing roofs from homes in the impoverished country as the storm headed north towards Cuba and the east coast of Florida.
One person was killed in Haiti as the storm closed in, and three children and an adult died as their homes crumbled around them in neighbouring Dominican Republic, bringing the death toll from Matthew’s path through the Caribbean to at least seven.
The dangerous category four storm blew ashore around dawn local time in a corner of Haiti where many people live along... read more
- 12:58 North West clubs happy with last-16 ties
- 12:58 Golden Globes 2018 nominations: FULL LIST for movies - see who’s up...
- 12:58 Knifepoint robber in hi-vis vest injured Dewsbury shopkeeper as he...
- 12:58 Human trafficker wanted by police is arrested in West Yorkshire
- 12:58 Fresh snow and ice warning for North East as schools are closed and...
- 12:57 Human trafficker wanted by police is arrested in West Yorkshire
- 12:56 From Tricky Trev to Le God: Birmingham City's top 20 cult heroes...
- 12:56 Steve Cotterill, Sam Gallagher and Co front up: What THAT clip...
- 12:56 Slam Dunk 2018: Good Charlotte announced as co-headliner for...
- 12:56 Hoax 999 call made in Sutton Coldfield during treacherous conditions
- 12:56 Sunderland pupils on the ball with Futsal
- 12:56 Explosion at New York bus terminal, reports bomb squad rush to...
- 12:55 Christmas family fun days out and winter breaks at Flamingo Land
- 12:55 Council lists bin services affected by snow
- 12:55 Oliver, 12, re-opens Fulwood library
- 12:55 14 AMAZING elf ideas to see you through to Christmas
- 12:54 Taxi driver explains why some cabbies are "cherry picking" and...
- 12:54 Explosion at Port Authority station in New York City
- 12:54 Celtic drawn to face Zenit St Petersburg in Europa League last 32...
- 12:53 Snow-covered windscreen gets Harlow driver in trouble
- 12:53 Could Còsagach be Scotland's version of Hygge?
- 12:53 Volunteers help plant 7,000 bulbs ahead of county competition
- 12:53 Yellow weather warning of ice in place for Solihull as temperatures...
- 12:53 'Explosion' at Manhattan bus terminal
- 12:53 Heart-stopping moment van driver jumps on BONNET in bid to stop thief
- 12:52 Business strikes gold and silver at awards
- 12:52 How to reduce plastic waste with easy, everyday changes
- 12:52 Derby County LIVE web chat with Steve Nicholson
- 12:52 Human trafficker wanted by police is arrested in West Yorkshire
- 12:50 Police release image of man they want to speak to after Stapleford...