Hurricane Matthew CHAOS: Thomas Cook forced to transfer holidaymakers in Cuba 200 MILES
Thomas Cook, a British travel agent, was forced to move over 500 holidaymakers in Cuba earlier this week due to the extreme weather.
President Castro's country is currently on a state of alert thanks to the imminent arrival of Hurricane Matthew.
It's believed the operator transferred 570 guests to Cayo Coco - a tropical island in the Jardines del Rey chain - after Holguin airport was closed.
Guests who were attempting to travel back to the UK were transferred the 200 miles by the operator, and those flying in also touched down in Cayo Coco.
A Thomas Cook spokesperson said: “Hotels in... read more
- 08:17 Do you know these 21 hidden dangers in your home that are potential...
- 08:17 Plough uncovers major hoard of Roman coins
- 08:17 Red letter day for the hospice thanks to paint firm
- 08:17 Criminals jailed in November 2016 - sentences total more than 14 years
- 08:17 Community groups energised by share of £50k from plant fund
- 08:14 Floods kill at least 13 people in central Vietnam
- 08:13 Ryanair adds Naples to East Midlands Airport summer flying schedule
- 08:11 HEALTH: What hope do we have?
- 08:10 Report reveals where in the UK over 50s struggle most to get a GP...
- 07:59 DECEMBER DECIDER: Choose your favourite Hull KR left-centre
- 07:59 Can Hull City end 30 years of hurt at Middlesbrough?
- 07:59 Banned driver Robert Wilson used false number plates to drive...
- 07:58 Antonio Conte opens up on Chelsea’s title chances following Man...
- 07:50 Man United star eyed by Real Madrid: Jose Mourinho considering swap...
- 07:43 Chelsea and Crystal Palace could do transfer business in January
- 07:43 Man United key man in contract stand-off: Red Devils star demanding...
- 07:43 'He turned blue and stopped breathing': 2lb baby Josh ready to...
- 07:35 UFC News: McGregor on being stripped of belt, Jones talks failed...
- 07:35 Alan Shearer: Arsenal are a much better team because of this player
- 07:34 Report reveals where in the UK over 50s struggle most to get a GP...
- 07:29 Serious crash occurs in Chesterfield
- 07:28 Big Interview: Ex-PNE midfielder Simon Davey
- 07:22 Alan Shearer: This Chelsea star is back to his best under Antonio...
- 07:22 Arsenal readying shock January bid for Chelsea star: He could...
- 07:20 Obama bars China's Fujian from buying Aixtron's U.S. business
- 07:20 Missing out on West Ham trip in FA Cup trip was biggest regret of...
- 07:20 Pioneer of twinning association dies
- 07:16 Christmas 2016: When are the last posting dates for Christmas?
- 07:15 The 16 worst things about being a tall guy
- 07:14 Drug-dealing Derby teenager had 21 ecstasy tablets at Y Not festival