Hunting ban backed by 84% of voters, poll finds
Any attempts to repeal the Hunting Act would be "deeply unpopular" among the majority of the British public, a new poll has found.
The Ipsos MORI poll commissioned by animal welfare charity the League Against Cruel Sports found 84% of the public do not want a return to fox hunting.
Opposition to hare hunting and deer hunting was even stronger, at 91% and 88% respectively.
The poll also suggested banning fox hunting is growing increasingly popular among Conservative voters.
It is now at 73%, having risen from 64% in 2013, 66% in 2014, and 70% in 2015
League Against Cruel Sports... read more
- 09:11 The two Yorkshire buildings voted among England's top ten spookiest...
- 09:11 Darren McGarvey: Taking stock of the crisis in masculinity
- 09:11 Girl, 16, taken to hospital after yobs set off fireworks in town...
- 09:11 Extra service for worshippers this Christmas
- 09:09 Chorley Court Listings - Tuesday October 17 2017
- 09:09 'Halifax' constituency axed in revised parliamentary boundary plan
- 09:08 Manchester United must improve one record to win the Premier League...
- 09:07 'Halifax' constituency axed in revised parliamentary boundary plan
- 09:07 Couple caught on CCTV having sex in Domino’s face jail
- 09:07 Couple caught in sex act behind the wheel by speed camera
- 09:06 Horror crash in Small Heath leaves one dead - what witnesses said
- 09:06 M&S launches a wine with half the calories of regular vino
- 09:05 Edinburgh robot could help autistic adults find work
- 09:03 Delivery driver 'punched in chest' during day light robbery on...
- 09:03 Derby County LIVE: Thorne pushing for starting spot, Vydra and...
- 09:03 Why Strictly can't afford to lose BRENDAN, says JANE WARREN
- 09:03 How gymnast Madelaine is going for gold
- 09:01 Star Interview: Barnsley broadcaster Jenni Murray sees history...
- 09:01 EastEnders' Ian Beale is LEAVING the soap 'for good' after over...
- 09:01 Wind speed of 77mph recorded in Sheffield as Storm Ophelia batters...
- 09:01 Carer jailed for raping disabled woman after dressing her in...
- 08:57 Do US dogs have better access to radiotherapy than Nigerian people?
- 08:57 Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho wants bumper pay rise to extend Old...
- 08:57 Transfer news LIVE updates: Man Utd pay demand, Chelsea eye...
- 08:56 BBC to shelve Crimewatch after 33 years
- 08:56 UK seaside down gripped by freak tornado looming overhead as Storm...
- 08:56 Is Hurricane Ophelia coming to London?
- 08:55 Power cuts in Preston and Chorley after Storm Ophelia
- 08:55 Asos profits surge as overseas sales boosted by weak pound
- 08:54 Breast cancer warning from man stunned by 'impossible' diagnosis