Hunt for three million 'ghost' patients
As many as three million "ghost" patients registered with GP practices in England should be removed from doctors' lists, latest figures suggest.
As of March 2016, there were just over 57 million patients on GPs' books.
But official census data suggests the correct figure should be about 54 million.
NHS Digital says some of the discrepancy is because patients who have died or left the country have not been removed from GP lists.
NHS England has already announced new rules to find and remove these "ghost" patients.
List cleansing It is unclear how many patients are... read more
- 11:23 Britain has just unveiled a new nuclear submarine and it’s massive
- 11:23 Skoda Karoq 2017 FIRST LOOK - Everything you need to know about the...
- 11:23 Eurozone inflation picks up to 1.9%
- 11:22 QUICK QUIZ: Seven questions about the last seven days...
- 11:22 All you need to know about the latest craze to sweep schools - and...
- 11:22 COLUMNIST: Why not consider a career in healthcare?
- 11:22 All’s set for tractor Cockerham Tractor Run
- 11:22 Green school 'one of best in country'
- 11:22 Alexis Sanchez mocked by Leicester City’s Robert Huth over swollen...
- 11:22 Labour MPs speak out against Trump state visit
- 11:21 Never run alone
- 11:21 Spate of vehicle crime in south east Sheffield
- 11:21 Man who died in Leeds house fire named
- 11:20 Muslim woman hauled out of Ukip election launch after calling...
- 11:20 Albion Rovers boss Darren Young prepares to leave Cliftonhill: 'All...
- 11:20 Charity football tournament and fund raising day will be in honour...
- 11:19 Council bosses declare war on irresponsible dog owners
- 11:19 Saracens confirm signing of Wales lock Dominic Day on two-year...
- 11:19 Speeding clampdown sees 80 drivers a day caught out
- 11:19 'No room for future expansion in Uppermill'
- 11:19 Manchester United's Timothy Fosu-Mensah joins club's injury list...
- 11:19 Premier League team news, odds and stats from every match this weekend
- 11:18 Determined Isaac, from Tallington, set to take on Rat Race at...
- 11:18 Extension of OPEC-led cuts could end oil glut by end-2017 - Poll
- 11:18 Cost of contesting the planning applications
- 11:18 Ferne McCann breaks social media silence after revealing she's...
- 11:18 COLUMNIST: Why not consider a career in healthcare?
- 11:18 Exciting new food hall set to showcase the tastes of Bowland
- 11:17 Billy Monger who had both legs amputated after a serious crash...
- 11:17 Determined Isaac, from Tallington, set to take on Rat Race at...