Hunt for three million 'ghost' patients
As many as three million "ghost" patients registered with GP practices in England should be removed from doctors' lists, latest figures suggest.
As of March 2016, there were just over 57 million patients on GPs' books.
But official census data suggests the correct figure should be about 54 million.
NHS Digital says some of the discrepancy is because patients who have died or left the country have not been removed from GP lists.
NHS England has already announced new rules to find and remove these "ghost" patients.
List cleansing It is unclear how many patients are... read more
- 16:27 Bid to save Melton children’s centres from closure is blocked
- 16:26 New operator takes charge of popular Carlisle golf course
- 16:26 BBC licence fee to rise to £150.50
- 16:26 When does the old £10 note go out of circulation?
- 16:26 Murder accused told prison inmate he killed Sheffield man over £10k...
- 16:26 Call for FOUR fast trains an hour between Sheffield and Manchester
- 16:25 VIDEO: Hundreds of African children to get shoes thanks to Banbury...
- 16:24 BBC licence fee to rise to £150.50
- 16:24 One child killed in Coventry hit-and-run: What we know so far
- 16:24 Family of fallen soldier left devastated after sentimental items...
- 16:24 The cost of your TV licence is going up - here's what you need to know
- 16:23 The Greens’ best hope is to sign up with Labour
- 16:23 Mother who poisoned and suffocated eight-week-old son is jailed
- 16:23 Chef Novelli applauds Wakefield food ahead of city's rhubarb festival
- 16:22 Consultants criticise 'catastrophic' rise in 12-hour A&E waits
- 16:22 BBC licence fee to rise to £150.50
- 16:21 New Russian stealth fighter spotted in Syria
- 16:21 Eight died in 'avoidable collision' on M1, court told
- 16:21 D-Day veteran gets military honour
- 16:21 Porn on computer: Court finds against French worker over privacy
- 16:21 WATCH: Young man dives from bridge and narrowly avoids hitting THIS
- 16:21 Severn Trent explains why it is taking days to fix a water leak in...
- 16:21 Council Tax for residents in Warwick District set to rise
- 16:20 Chef Novelli applauds Wakefield food ahead of city's rhubarb festival
- 16:19 Germany's Brexit snatch: Deutsche Börse targets Britain’s euro...
- 16:19 Mother who poisoned and suffocated eight-week-old son is jailed
- 16:19 Yes, they did go to the Donna’s Dream House ball
- 16:19 Where to celebrate International Margarita Day
- 16:19 The Under the Hammer column – Hartleys Spring Fine Sale
- 16:18 Clare has enjoyed her beauty role