Hungry travellers provide sales lift at WH Smith
High street stalwart WH Smith has notched up its strongest annual sales gains for 14 years as it was boosted by solid demand across its travel sites.
During the year to the end of August, the chain sold more than ten million meal deals, helping drive a 4 per cent hike in like-for-like sales at the travel division, which operates outlets in airports and railway stations.
This helped to offset a 2 per cent dip in comparable sales across the group’s high street branches and left overall group sales up 1 per cent on a like-for-like basis, or 3 per cent in total – its best growth since 2002.
WH... read more
- 14:08 Take a look around Nottingham's new Mimi Artisan Bakery with its...
- 14:08 Record-breaking Dutch pop and jazz Caro Emerald is coming to...
- 14:08 Burger King on Castle Boulevard to close less than a year after...
- 14:08 Missing 16-year-old not seen since Easter
- 14:08 Pupils swap desks for the factory floor
- 14:08 Five-a-side firms Goals and Powerleague in merger talks
- 14:08 100 days of Donald Trump: Behind the hype and headlines
- 14:08 Uber's CEO surrendered in showdown with Apple's Tim Cook after...
- 14:08 Sick perverts are creating fake Harry Styles and Justin Bieber...
- 14:06 Albania opposition blocks roads, wants technocrat government
- 14:06 Two taken to hospital with serious injuries after Worksop collision
- 14:06 23 pieces of advice to help first-time fathers survive labour
- 14:06 Bingo! Doncaster couple raise cash for hospice
- 14:06 Birmingham City: Matthew Upson on Gianfranco Zola and scrapping for...
- 14:06 It’s National Stop Snoring Week: What causes snoring and how can it...
- 14:06 Birmingham City fans pay tribute to Aston Villa's Ugo Ehiogu during...
- 14:05 The science behind why we can't stop eating kebabs
- 14:05 Part of M6 motorway in Cumbria blocked after HGV crash
- 14:04 Shadow Brexit Secretary to speak at Burnley's May Day Festival
- 14:04 Conor McGregor still hopeful of fighting Floyd Mayweather in September
- 14:04 Britons buy fewer houses in Spain after Brexit vote - study
- 14:04 YP Letters: Our national broadcasters should adopt ‘Brexit-free days’
- 14:04 YP Letters: Try walking back to a happier, healthier life
- 14:03 Lancashire recommends... Shopping experiences
- 14:02 Manchester United fans will love Michael Keane's reported answer to...
- 14:02 Ex-Liverpool FC defender Mamadou Sakho plays down celebration of...
- 14:02 Hundreds of scouts march through streets in St George’s Day parade
- 14:01 Chester's most patriotic publican misses St George's Day celebrations
- 14:01 Tour de Yorkshire preview: What you need to know about this...
- 14:01 Comedian Eddie Izzard enjoys picnic ahead of The Great Get Together...